What's new

Nintendo Wii..... (2 Viewers)

Component cables are on order at Nintendo.com. Thanks for the replies. I assume Zelda looks much better because of the 480p support.

Tonytone: I have to do the same thing in my options menu too. My Wii has to reconnect, and I have to agree to their conditions all over again, and turn it back on.

I'll be investing in the WAP some day.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Tons of remotes at TRU today. Finally picked up my second remote!

Patrick --

I love the fitness potential in the Wii. I spent a half hour last night, a half hour today. My arms are sore, and I continue to have a load of fun. The most challenging fitness level for me is the dodging part in the Boxing exercise. If you do it right, it wears you out.

I'm to the point where I'd say that if you play Wii Sports, and don't feel like you're getting exercise, you're not playing it right.

Doug

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Boxing and tennis have the most potential to burn off some calories if you do the movements fully (not just flick the wiimote to make your character move or swing). I'm thinking about getting a small TV and sticking it in the garage and play the Wii there for a short little full-motion work out, as I can't really do the full-motion bit in my house.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
just got done playing wii sports. this console is going to be great. no wonder its codename was revolution.

CJ

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
O.K. Gang. The Wii News Channel went live this morning (Saturday 1/27/07). Upgrade the SW and check it out (no charge!). Another great enhancement to the little machine that could. Think Google Maps meets AP news!

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

While the 360 and the PS3 keep concentrating on HD picture and sound, Nintendo keeps trumping the competition with items that the others don't even offer in the way of gaming experience and multimedia interactivity.

(And I own all three systems so this is not a sour grapes or "fanboy" statement.)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i wish the god-awful term "fanboy" was never discovered, because nobody is allowed to have opinions anymore, without being called a fanboy.

[fanboy neutralization statement]i am having more fun on the wii than i've had on any other console. i also own the PS3, and that is fun too. i don't own the xbox 360, but i am sure that is also enjoyable.[/fanboy neutralization statement]

CJ

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Hi John!

Here's a ~12 minute video showing you how to do this. And if you Google "Celebrity Miis" you'll get a lot more leads.

Happy hunting.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
RAF,

Thanks.

I only have one Mii right now, and I'm trying to create some different, somewhat unique ones, to spice up my Wii Sports.

many thanks!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Can't buy this kind of attention for Wii sports (NBC will probably have it taken down soon, so don't dawdle):

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
That was great.
I caught the tail end of that at work last night, and was glad to see the whole thing.

It was hard to tell if the NBC staff made Conan Mii's (I don't think they did)

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick Sun and Steven Simon, I hope you guys do not mind, but I have added you to my Wii address book. My Wii number is 8571 7460 9012 7119. I have created many Miis, many are celebrity-based, and I'd be happy to share some.

I don't visit this part of HTF too often since I usually stick to the TV Programming area, but I got curious what the people here thought about the Wii. I am pleased to see it so well received.

If anyone else wishes to add me to their book, feel free to do so, and let me know your number so I can add you to mine. Have fun!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Had a Wii party at a friend's house tonight, and 3 of us did the Wii Fitness test, and one of the friends ended up with a Wii Fitness Age of 77. We laughed hard at that one. The best part of watching 2 gals go toe-to-toe in boxing, and they really got into it, throwing haymakers after haymakers. Fun stuff.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Thats great Patrick, Wii Play comes out Tuesday, so it looks like you may have to have Party number two soon.

I'm going to try and get Wii Play just for the pool game.

Im on my two week paid vacation, and I bought 4 VC games( Solomon's Key, Super Castlevania 4, Super Mario World and Link to the Past) and 3 reg Wii games( Trauma Center, Swing Golf and WW Smooth moves)

So I'm having my own little Wii marathon.

I'm also loving playing old Nintendo games on this thing.

and yes...NBC took down that video right away..sad cause I loved watching it.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Great photos Patrick!

Wii got a new Channel tonight! "Everybody Votes" channel

this may sound stupid at first, but once you download it and actually try it, its very cool.

it's for 1-6 players(voters), you choose out of you own Mii's for players
and you vote on simple questions(A and B answers) and then you also predict what the answer will be.

It has lots of stats for how good of a voter/predicter you are.
you can also submit questions to be used in the future.

it's really fun!!! a GREAT channel to add.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This is kind of embarrassing, but I've been lazy and playing tennis while sitting in a reclined sitting position (against the 2 highest skill rated players, Elisa and Sarah), and I gave myself a minor fat lip by smacking my mouth with the wiimote during the course of play. Oy! (But I can still beat them regularly in this position, as well as standing up)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The Wiis have landed at my 5 grandkids' two venues. All installed and up and running (although my daughter's house awaits wireless Internet.) The faces on my grandkids was worth all the post-Christmas wait. (SuperGrandpa lessened the "pain" a bit by throwing in a copy of Smooth Moves for each household.)

On Christmas Day the glares coming from my Daughter when she saw what would be coming into her house were quite telling ("If looks could kill" and all that) but yesterday, after installing the Wii we couldn't pull her away from Wii bowling! That says it all.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Wii within the next 4-6 weeks. I never imagined we'd be this far into the new year and Nintendo would still be having supply problems. I guess I should be happy that business is good, but part of the reason I avoided launch was so that I wouldn't have to struggle to find one.

I'm totally frustrated by the fact that Nintendo's Wi-Fi USB connector is incompatible with Mac which leaves me with the LAN adapter.

I'm at the stage of looking at first games and would welcome feedback. Since I've already completed Twilight Princess (GCN), I'm looking at these four games: Trauma Center, Elebits, Raving Rabbids and Super Paper Mario. Huge fan of platformers, FPS & RTS. I enjoyed the Thousand Year Door but not as much as the first Paper Mario title (in fact, I got so frustrated with the last section of the game that I put it away and never finished it). I enjoyed parts of Rayman: Hoodlum Havoc but was put off at the difficulty level involved, so I have doubts on Rabbids. I want something that isn't too shallow and will provide excellent replay value (IOW, while Luigi's Mansion was fun, it violates the previous sentence). Help?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks