What's new

Ninja Scroll: 10th Anniversary Special Edition!!! (1 Viewer)

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Ok, the subject pretty much says it all. Anyone have information about this upcoming title? I found out about it at www.animeondvd.com but there's no real details about it on any other sites.

Brendan Brown

Stunt Coordinator
The old message boards at AnimeOnDVD used to have a discussion with the disc's producer, but they've recently upgraded.

IIRC the vast opinion was to make sure the disc was high-quality and OAR (I actually have no idea what the aspect ratio for that film is) and then worry about extras.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Nope, the TV series was commissioned by Urban Vision.

This is "Crap, our DVDs suck, we have no money for good new properties, let's recycle!"

Frankly I think Manga has less than 3 years to live unless they manage to do what CPM did, and use quality to pull them out of their tailspin

Brendan Brown

Stunt Coordinator

I think they realized this, or at least that's how it appears. Keith Burgess (the company rep) appeared on the old AnimeOnDvd message boards recently, quite contrite and promising that Manga Ent would shape up its act. He also took suggestions quite well from other posters, and the amount of flak he took in a humble manner was quite amazing.

It's made me curious about Manga Ent's future output. I think their release of Read or Die will be the acid test.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think they realized this, or at least that's how it appears. Keith Burgess (the company rep) appeared on the old AnimeOnDvd message boards recently, quite contrite and promising that Manga Ent would shape up its act. He also took suggestions quite well from other posters, and the amount of flak he took in a humble manner was quite amazing.
Yeah, he's done that before. And nothing changes. I've spoken with the man in person at least a dozen times. He denies there's anything wrong with existing product (Honneamise, COME ON!)

I'll be happy if they DO change, but I'm not optimistic

Brendan Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I'm trying to be optimistic, I mean, it can't hurt. And what makes this interesting is that he's admitted they screwed up Honneamise

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks