What's new

Nichols (1971-72) w/ James Garner, from Warner Archives in September (1 Viewer)

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Randy Korstick said:
After 3-4 months a new release is usually added to WA sales. They have been having a 20% off sale about once every 6 weeks and occasionally a 25-30% off sale. So if you can wait awhile it will eventually be on sale at the archive for $34.99-$39.99.
Nichols and other fairly recently-released series from Warner Archives are currently 20-30% off (with free shipping over $25):
http://shop.warnerarchive.com/category/sales/save+30+percent+wac.do First significant sale on multi-disc sets I've seen in a while...

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Last year between now and the end of the year they had a series of sales some with multidisc and some without. So I expect the same this year since they don't release much at the end of the year. Rumour has that there is only one more new release week next week and thats it for this year. So more sales would make sense.
Guy Foulard said:
Nichols and other fairly recently-released series from Warner Archives are currently 20-30% off (with free shipping over $25):
http://shop.warnerarchive.com/category/sales/save+30+percent+wac.do First significant sale on multi-disc sets I've seen in a while...

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, I just purchased Nichols from Amazon for $19.99 and to my great surprise the discs are all regular pressed DVDs not DVD-Rs. I bought this show blind never having seen it before and so far I am really enjoying it. Really funny offbeat show with some good dialogue, a great cast, and Garner is wonderful as always.

As of right now still on sale for $19.99 for those with an interest.

Last edited:

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
So, I just purchased Nichols from Amazon for $19.99 and to my great surprise the discs are all regular pressed DVDs not DVD-Rs. I bought this show blind never having seen it before and so far I am really enjoying it. Really funny offbeat show with some good dialogue, a great cast, and Garner is wonderful as always.

As of right now still on sale for $19.99 for those with an interest.

Thanks for the heads up, Reggie! I too just bought the DVD set without ever having seen the series, but I love James Garner and it has a good reputation, so I'm not worried. There aren't too many TV-on-DVD sets left on my wish list, but as sellers on Amazon.ca are charging over $76 CAD for it (I wish Warner Archive films and TV shows were available in Canada), I couldn't resist $19.99 USD!

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'm guessing you will also get pressed discs rather than DVD-Rs, Joshua. The $19.99 price point seemed a great deal because up until then I had not seen this set drop below $30.00 US. I recall when this was first released there were reports that just the early sets of this show would be pressed DVDs and only the Archive would be selling the pressed sets. Somehow years later Amazon is now selling pressed copies. Don't know what the story is with that but lucky us!

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I'm guessing you will also get pressed discs rather than DVD-Rs, Joshua. The $19.99 price point seemed a great deal because up until then I had not seen this set drop below $30.00 US. I recall when this was first released there were reports that just the early sets of this show would be pressed DVDs and only the Archive would be selling the pressed sets. Somehow years later Amazon is now selling pressed copies. Don't know what the story is with that but lucky us!

Pressed discs would be very welcome--the only other Warner Archive TV-on-DVD sets I have are Harry O S1-2 are DVD-R, but they play back just fine. With the current exchange rate (and the blasted import fees), my set is in the $30 range, so I'll take it. And bonus: Yellowknife's Margot Kidder (I love 70s Margot Kidder)!

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I just watched Margot in the 1970's film 92 Degrees in the Shade with Peter Fonda, Warren Oates, Harry Dean Stanton, and Burgess Meredith. This just came out on DVD.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Not to derail the thread, but does 92 in the Shade have both endings on the DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks