What's new

NFL2K2 for the PS2 (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Alright all you football fans, who picked up NFL2K2 yesterday for the PS2? I did and I couldn't be happier. Finally SEGA Sports has made it where good running backs can run on me. The games are now a bit more realistic.
I never played the Dreamcast version because I wanted the PS2 version. (Plus I had an offer on all my Dreamcast stuff that I couldn't refuse). Anyway, the play calling has been revamped from the previous years version. It took me a bit to get used to, but I really like it. The offensive playbooks are really deep now, but I still would have liked a bit more Defensive plays.
The gameplay is just as good as always, if not better. QB's actually do as they would in real life (McNabb scrambles and Warner sits in the pocket). I love the new running back animations. The commenatating is great as usual and I like the fact that they bring up previous things that happened in the game. The one thing I like the most though is the PS2 controller. Since this controller has more buttons than it's Dreamcast counterpart, doing player moves is a bit more natural. Stiff arms and jukes now have their own buttons.
All in all I am very happy with SEGA Sports 1st offering for the PS2. I cannot wait until 2K3. Online play with DSL is going to be mucho kick-ass! :)
-Dean-

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Where did you find this game at??? Me and a coworker went to every single fucking Best Buy, CC, Software, etc.....etc and no one had gotten it yet.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I've played it today a little bit. Do the receiver seem like pinballs bouncing off tacklers at lower levels to you ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks