What's new

NFL Season 2004-2005 Thread (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member

First name I thought of was Johnny Unitas.

As far as Green Bay versus Denver, I was rooting for John Elway to win and that was about it.

Eli didn't do bad last night, but it did reveal something evident from last year: the G men's line sucks. Warner can say hello to another concussion.

Pop quiz: what do Tim Couch and Daunte Culpepper have in common?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member

I've stated in the past that TD is a borderline HOFer. The main reason is longevity; the man just didn't play long enough.

By the way another reason Bronco lineman may have a hard time making it is the blocking technique that they use. It's widely recognized as borderline illegal and that may cause some backlash when it comes time for voting.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
It's only borderline. Otherwise, the Bronco lineman have one of the toughest conditioning regiments. Ever heard of the wooden sled? :)

Pop Quiz answer: Chris Hatcher, the current head coach at Valdosta St., was their quarterbacks coach. :)

I'm surprised no one has talked about the Bills yet.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Well, after the game for the lions on Sat. I will throw out my official prediction. I am leaning a certain way, but the startes are going to play the whole first half, so I will have a better indication.

I also do not think that TD should be in the hall either.

Brandon

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Yes, I was well aware of that fact but you completely missed the point. The point was not that it was rediculous for him to throw out Denver as a possible destonation for Brown, hell I knew it was possible before I saw the fools interview...but Denver was the only team that Schlereth saw Brown as wanting to go to, he was directly asked about Tampa and he said he just couldn't see it. I would have a lesser problem with his bad analysis if he said something like its a long shot, and even with all those old Raiders that Denver would be a better fit, but he completely dismissed it without pause like the question actually was do you see John Elway coming back to QB the Arizona Cardinals and win 10 consecutive superbowls before losing to the Philip Rivers led Chargers in the first ever battle of undefeated teams in a Superbowl, at Superbowl L.

Oh, and here's another no vote for Davis in the hall. He had a pretty good career but it was shortened by injury, which won't help the cause.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I would take him over Vinny but chances are that if he goes to Dallas he would get to be a backup at best. I think they would stick with Henson.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Wow, he hasn't played a snap in a real NFL game and he's demanding to be the starter.

Some of these rookies have real attitudes for not having done a thing in the NFL.

Good luck, Buffalo.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Travis Henry would make the same demands, so far he's been pretty quiet on the whole who will start front.

Speaking of running backs, Ontario Smith of the Vikings is facing a 4 game suspention for violating the NFL's substance abuse program...if he's facing a 4 game ban it means he's failed 3 tests, and he's just about to start his second season in the league, that's got to be a concern.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
A source close to a player who wishes to remain anonymous, usually means the player’s agent. In this case, his agent has declined to comment, so who knows?

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
For all of you who say TD isn't a Hall of Famer (and I am a Broncos fan who happens to agree with you), the main comparison everyone makes to TD is Gayle Sayers.

TD played in more games and rushed for more yards than Sayers. Now, Sayers revolutionized the RB position and was a dominant return man as well, so I see how he's separated himself from somebody like TD, but the facts are that of all the 2,000 yard single season rushers not currently active, all BUT Davis are in the Hall and Davis does have career numbers comparable to some in the Hall currently, and not just Sayers either...there are a handful of other backs with similar career stats.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member

Henry has not stated publicly who SHOULD start, but he has gone on the record as saying if he's NOT the starter, he wants to be traded immediately.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member

The Sayers comparison is the main one that Broncos fans like to dredge up but as you already mentioned Sayers was also a dominate return man which TD was not. Those who weren't around or haven't bothered to do any research just don't realize how good Sayers was as a return man.

As for the 2000 yard season, that in no way should be some sort of "golden ticket" into the Hall.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I heard about McGahee and his demand. Personally, I think the Bills put themselves into that hole by drafting him. Who could they get for him? I really can't think of a team that would need him. Maybe Jacksonville or Philly.

Football can't start soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks