What's new

NFL 2009 Offseason thread (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think he should have proved himself first before he was given another million dollar contract.

Has he really done anything yet besides say what he's going to do?
As it is now he already has the money again, hasn't proven anything.

I'm very disappointed in the Eagles and not sure what the point of signing him is and don't think I'll be watching the games while Vick is on the field.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by TonyD Has he really done anything yet besides say what he's going to do?
As it is now he already has the money again, hasn't proven anything.
According to my morning paper, none of the money is guaranteed.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
this is true, not guaranteed but how likely is it that he'll be cut at least this season.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't feel he's learned anything. He didn't serve his whole sentence, and what he did serve was partly in the comforts of his own home (I think). Yet now he's being allowed to step right back on the field and be showered with money once again. I think a 3-5 year ban from football would have been appropriate, then possibly consider reinstatement if he's still clean at that time.

I'm really disgusted that the Commissioner seemed to roll over so easy on this one. So much for the "hard line" he's been touting the past few years with respect to player behavior.

I'm not a big believer in second chances. A leopard never changes his spots, as they say.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
HMmmmm. Not a believer in second chances, that means you have had the luxury of not making any mistakes. I on the other hand have made a few in my life. And while they are nothing serious and only occasionally rear their head for my explanation, they do. And its been 20 years. Who among us is the person we once were? You have to allow the chance for people to learn and change and grow because if you don't or you believe that their is no possibility of change then what was the point? It won't bring dogs or people back.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

I don't feel he's learned anything.

I'm really disgusted that the Commissioner seemed to roll over so easy on this one. So much for the "hard line" he's been touting the past few years with respect to player behavior.

I'm not a big believer in second chances. A leopard never changes his spots, as they say.
I partly believe you. I'm skeptical of his sincerity. But he has done his time and he should have the chance to work at the profession his talents allow. It seems wrong to continue the punishment once released from jail. There's the chance he is sincere and will work with the HSUS to campaign against dog fighting. He could help many kids to grow up knowing dog fighting is a cruel activity.

Who knows what the end result will be? That's better than determining the end result by condemning him forever.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
Okay, commit a felony, get convicted, do time, THEN try to get your old job back. Good luck with that... The NFL has a policy preventing convicted felons from working in the league offices, yet Vick gets suitors lined up to pay him millions. I'm all for second chances.. as long as opportunities are equal.

Here's to hoping the guy running the PA system at Lucas Oil this week has the guts to play "Who let the Dogs out"

Go Colts!

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Nathan_F
Okay, commit a felony, get convicted, do time, THEN try to get your old job back. Good luck with that...
The difference of course is that Vick, like him or not, possess a skill set that very few people in the world have.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

The difference of course is that Vick, like him or not, possess a skill set that very few people in the world have.
That should make no difference. The fact that it does says volumes about our society.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
After everything is said and done this season, I'm not sure people will care which of their team's wins were felon-free. LOL!

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Vick has been pushed aside, now Favre is back in the headlines and is supposed to sign this afternoon with the Vikings. Favre didn't like another quarterback snatching up all that air time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks