What's new

NFL 2008 Offseason Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm for the trade, I'm tired of seeing D-Hall getting lit up like a Christmas tree against over premiere wide receivers he's paid to "shut down".

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm with you, get a stud defensive lineman and away they go. I don't like their receivers either, but they're too high up in the draft not to get a defensive scheme changing lineman instead.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I don't think I could add anything funnier than Kitna's comments. The poor guy's been brainwashed by the team and become delusional. He actually likes their off season moves -- at least, that's what he's saying publicly. Privately, he may be calling his agent, saying "GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!".

Get ready to be disappointed, Jon. It's inevitable with the Lions.

The Hall to the Raiders deal seems like a good trade for both teams. Oakland gets a starting CB, and Atlanta gets rid of a malcontent and receives a very high 2nd round pick.

SDRANGER619

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edgar
BRONCOS SCHEDULE LEAKED EARLY

Denver Broncos Regular Season Schedule

Sep. 8
at Oakland Raiders (Mon)
7:15pm

Sep. 14
San Diego Chargers
2:15pm

Sep. 21
New Orleans Saints
2:05pm

Sep. 28
at Kansas City Chiefs
12:00pm

Oct. 5
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Oct. 12
Jacksonville Jaguars

Oct. 20
at New England Patriots (Mon)
8:30pm

Oct. 26
BYE

Nov. 2
Miami Dolphins

Nov. 6
at Cleveland Browns (Thu)
8:15pm

Nov. 16
at Atlanta Falcons
1:00pm

Nov. 23
Oakland Raiders

Nov. 30
at N.Y. Jets

Dec. 7
Kansas City Chiefs

Dec. 14
at Carolina Panthers

Dec. 21
Buffalo Bills

Dec. 28
at San Diego Chargers
1:15pm

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

Cool. Thanks. I'm looking forward to week 12 win Tampa Bay plays Tampa Bay North. This years schedule doesn't strike me as favorable as last years was for the Lions. Still, they have a decent opportunity to get off to a good start. That way Brandon and I can get our hopes up and Scott can remind us "that the end is near." :)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
The Digital Bits announced today that on August 26th, Warner Brothers will release NFL Greatest Games Series: Denver Broncos, NFL Great Game Series: Green Bay Packers and NFL Greatest Games Series: Detroit Lions. One of these do not belong. Would that set be just 1 game or what? :)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

:laugh:

Did they even tape or film the games back when the Lions were good? :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Perhaps it's not football, but coverage of a spirited locker room game of Go Fish! ;)

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
It appears there is an NFC east battle taking place currently between the Eagles and Cowboys for the services of Roy Williams of Detroit. Sources say the Eagles are offering this years first and second or this years first and next years first. The Cowboys are allegedly mulling over to offer the Lions both first round picks this year. Only Millen can screw this up if true.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I think that this would be a great deal for the Lions. Don't get me wrong, I really like Williams, but lets be honest the Lions are a team that needs a lot of help if they are ever going to be true contenders and that is still a ways off. The problem is that it is a great deal if the Lions draft well. We all know how that has been working out for them.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Your last sentences are key, David. Matt Millen has proven time and again that he cannot draft well. On paper this would be a fine deal for the Lions, but in practice we'll probably end up with a couple more draft pick busts.

In other news, the Dolphins have signed Michigan OT Jake Long, thereby making him the #1 pick in this weekend's draft.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I'm happy for Jake Long. I loved watching him play at Michigan and this year and said a lot about his character. Probably the last Wolverine we'll see for a long time at the top or near the top of the draft.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
He grew up about 30 minutes from me, next county over. Always heard he was going to be good and seems much more humble than another local guy, Dave Kircus. Always nice to see some local kids do well and get paid!

I think the whole situation with Chad Johnson is quite amusing and I am very interested to see how it shakes out.

Draft day is always a big day at my house, friends, burgers, beer, bratwurst and all the fixins. Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks