What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (6 Viewers)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have used deep discount before and was not impressed with either their cost and/or delivery time. If the next release is clue club then it will wait until next year. I am scaling back my purchases until next year due to other spending commitments.

I still think that HB is moving to slow on releases. We are August 10, 2013 now and that means some of these cartoons are now approaching 40-50 years old. If you do the math then it means people are now 43 to 60 years old now. Yes, cartoons never seem to leave us, but you have to wonder if the dvd market will support these stagger releases.

derosa said:
I forgot to mention, for those without a Target store near by,
it was announced that the 1979 "World's Greatest Superfiends" set
(so far only available exclusively at Target brick and mortar stores)
will be going to wide release on Nov. 12.

I almost ordered it from the Amazon marketplace last week for about $35,
with shipping to Canada, so i'm glad to have decided to wait. And for those
in Canada interested in Captain Caveman, Deepdisount.com is now shipping it.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Worlds-Greatest-Superfriends-Season-4/18828

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
younger1968 said:
I have used deep discount before and was not impressed with either their cost and/or delivery time. If the next release is clue club then it will wait until next year. I am scaling back my purchases until next year due to other spending commitments.

I still think that HB is moving to slow on releases. We are August 10, 2013 now and that means some of these cartoons are now approaching 40-50 years old. If you do the math then it means people are now 43 to 60 years old now. Yes, cartoons never seem to leave us, but you have to wonder if the dvd market will support these stagger releases.
Actually, Deep Discount offers some pretty good deals on Warner Archive HB titles from time to time. I purchased Chan Clan from them shortly after it was announced for less than $17.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Hi Joe, Thanks for your post! I monitor amazon.com/amazon.ca/deep discount or other sites when it comes to my purchases. If i get a good deal then i will buy from that site. I am more concern with amazon.ca and the lack of effort to fix their processes to enable more archive releases from WB. The problem has been going on for the better part of 3 years!
JoeDoakes said:
Actually, Deep Discount offers some pretty good deals on Warner Archive HB titles from time to time. I purchased Chan Clan from them shortly after it was announced for less than $17.

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
There's little doubt to me that Space Stars is next. Unless whatever the last minute snag was something to move one of the others, which i doubt.

The year overall has been a little slower than i think we wanted but by the end of the month we're 2/3s through the year. WA has released 6 sets so far this year, WHV did one season set for T&J, finished out the super friends (even though i doubt they consider them hb library anymore). Not to mention keeping some form releases of certain groups.

Overall that's still a decent time table, if WA is about to go into another crop period in the fall like last year and we get a press release to see if Scooby Doo Goal is what we think it might be, i'd say we'd be finishing up the year on a good note.

Based on that article from earlier in the year, the future flintstones release is the only thing left from that to come to pass. Plus the mere fact that Captain Caveman finally happened is proof they do plan to get to finish their long term products. This year has given us hope the funny animals could all very well happen if we let them have some time.

Also on a related note the latest Scooby feautre debuted on tv tonight and replays tomorrow and comes out on dvd/blu on the 20th of this month.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Hi Matt,

I have prepared the following list of cartoons from the 1970s that have not been released. Some shows have had partial released including Wait till your father gets home or Laff Lympics, etc.

I may be missing a few shows, so welcome yours or other people's thoughts and/or suggestions.

The below list shows about 46 cartoons from the 1970s that have not been released. There are few that may have rights issues, i.e. my favorite martian or Partridge Family 2200 AD or Jeannie or Brady Kids, etc.

Lets say 8 sets are released a year then it would take 6 years to complete the 1970s vault.

These Are the Days Where's Huddles? Devlin (1974) Partridge Family 2200 A.D. New Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape/Mumbly Show The Great Grape Ape Show Mumbly Dynomutt, Dog Wonder Clue Club Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics (A few volumes released) Laff-A-Lympics CB Bears The Skatebirds Woofer & Wimper, Dog Detectives (part of skatebirds) The Robonic Stooges (Part of Skatebirds) Wonder Wheels Mystery Island (Part of Skatebirds) The All-New Popeye Hour Yogi's Space Race Galaxy Goof-Ups Buford and the Galloping Ghost The Robonic Stooges Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo The New Fred and Barney Show Casper and the Angels The New Shmoo The Super Globetrotters Fred and Barney Meet The Thing Fred and Barney Meet the Shmoo Will the Real Jerry Lewis Please Sit Down The Brady Kids Lassie's Rescue Rangers My Favorite Martian The U.S. of Archie The New Adventures of Gilligan The Secret Lives of Waldo Kitty Uncle Croc's Block Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle The New Archie and Sabrina Hour Fabulous Funnies The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse and Heckle & Jeckle, & Quackula The New Adventures of Flash Gordon Jeannie Harlem Globetrotters
Wait Till Your Father Gets Home

MattPriceTime said:
There's little doubt to me that Space Stars is next. Unless whatever the last minute snag was something to move one of the others, which i doubt.

The year overall has been a little slower than i think we wanted but by the end of the month we're 2/3s through the year. WA has released 6 sets so far this year, WHV did one season set for T&J, finished out the super friends (even though i doubt they consider them hb library anymore). Not to mention keeping some form releases of certain groups.

Overall that's still a decent time table, if WA is about to go into another crop period in the fall like last year and we get a press release to see if Scooby Doo Goal is what we think it might be, i'd say we'd be finishing up the year on a good note.

Based on that article from earlier in the year, the future flintstones release is the only thing left from that to come to pass. Plus the mere fact that Captain Caveman finally happened is proof they do plan to get to finish their long term products. This year has given us hope the funny animals could all very well happen if we let them have some time.

Also on a related note the latest Scooby feautre debuted on tv tonight and replays tomorrow and comes out on dvd/blu on the 20th of this month.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Agreed.

My Captain Caveman purchase was $24.58, and $8.98 shipping to Canada = $33.56
Amazon.com was going to be $33 for the set, $19 shipping, plus taxes = $58.76
No brainer who to order from!
JoeDoakes said:

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
younger1968 said:
Lets say 8 sets are released a year then it would take 6 years to complete the 1970s vault.

These Are the Days Where's Huddles? Devlin (1974) Partridge Family 2200 A.D. New Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape/Mumbly Show The Great Grape Ape Show Mumbly Dynomutt, Dog Wonder Clue Club Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics (A few volumes released) Laff-A-Lympics CB Bears The Skatebirds Woofer & Wimper, Dog Detectives (part of skatebirds) The Robonic Stooges (Part of Skatebirds) Wonder Wheels Mystery Island (Part of Skatebirds) The All-New Popeye Hour Yogi's Space Race Galaxy Goof-Ups Buford and the Galloping Ghost The Robonic Stooges Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo The New Fred and Barney Show Casper and the Angels The New Shmoo The Super Globetrotters Fred and Barney Meet The Thing Fred and Barney Meet the Shmoo Will the Real Jerry Lewis Please Sit Down The Brady Kids Lassie's Rescue Rangers My Favorite Martian The U.S. of Archie The New Adventures of Gilligan The Secret Lives of Waldo Kitty Uncle Croc's Block Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle The New Archie and Sabrina Hour Fabulous Funnies The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse and Heckle & Jeckle, & Quackula The New Adventures of Flash Gordon Jeannie Harlem Globetrotters
Wait Till Your Father Gets Home
That's a great list, and ne that really shows how much of the desirable 1970s material has already been released, as opposed to the 1960s. Of what you mentioned, what I would most like to see would be Clue Club, Tarzan, Yogi's Space Race, and Giligan. (I also would buy a set of Uncle Croc's Block in a heartbeat). Of what you did not mention, I would like to see the any unreleased episodes of the New Scooby Doo Movies or the Saturday Morning Movie or a complete set of the Famous Classic Tales. Regarding The New Adventures of Flash Gordon, that is a show that was issued complete by BCI, although the Complete Series is hard to find now. According to Wikipedia, Mighty Mouse/Heckle & Jeckle was a repackaging of the classic Terrytoons, and I would really like to see a classic Mighty Mouse set. However, my understanding is that Paramount controls it, and unless Olive licenses it, it seems unlikely.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
JoeDoakes said:
That's a great list, and ne that really shows how much of the desirable 1970s material has already been released, as opposed to the 1960s. Of what you mentioned, what I would most like to see would be Clue Club, Tarzan, Yogi's Space Race, and Giligan. (I also would buy a set of Uncle Croc's Block in a heartbeat). Of what you did not mention, I would like to see the any unreleased episodes of the New Scooby Doo Movies or the Saturday Morning Movie or a complete set of the Famous Classic Tales. Regarding The New Adventures of Flash Gordon, that is a show that was issued complete by BCI, although the Complete Series is hard to find now. According to Wikipedia, Mighty Mouse/Heckle & Jeckle was a repackaging of the classic Terrytoons, and I would really like to see a classic Mighty Mouse set. However, my understanding is that Paramount controls it, and unless Olive licenses it, it seems unlikely.
The Mighty Mouse/Heckle & Jeckle (late 1970s) was a new series done by Filmation. When they re-syndicated the Terrytoons in the early 1990s those were in there along with the vintage library, so I think it's safe to say they belong to Paramount.

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
According to the comic-con recap podcast, Space Stars was actually a long term project like Captain Caveman. (And of course the ole blue dog). Goes to show that some stuff can be under the radar even if no one asks about it directly.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I remember them mentioning on facebook once over a year ago that Space Stars was being planned but then nothing after that until comic-con.
MattPriceTime said:
According to the comic-con recap podcast, Space Stars was actually a long term project like Captain Caveman. (And of course the ole blue dog). Goes to show that some stuff can be under the radar even if no one asks about it directly.

Ken_Martinez

BANNED
Real Name
Ken
MattPriceTime said:
Which ole blue dog? I know you can't possibly be talking about Huckleberry Hound. I'll believe that when I see it.

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Fabiano
Mark Y said:
The Mighty Mouse/Heckle & Jeckle (late 1970s) was a new series done by Filmation. When they re-syndicated the Terrytoons in the early 1990s those were in there along with the vintage library, so I think it's safe to say they belong to Paramount.
Hmmmm....I remember seeing maybe the Filmation H&J when Terrytoons aired on USA in the mid-90s, but mostly recall the MM (and dubbed Supermouse) theatricals. And Deputy Dawg.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the delay for the release of "Space Stars" will be a bit longer. There is a post in a new reddit article from WA and they mention Space Stars coming this Fall. But it looks like it will be worth the wait since it will be as close to the original show as possible and thats whats causing the delay.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
In the recent Reddit chat with George Feltenstein, he was asked about Filmation DC titles. He replied, "WHV is hopefully going to be releasing the rest of the DC FILMATION animation. We know that at that time, BATMAN fans will rejoice!"

That makes it sound very promising that The Adventures of Batman will make it to DVD, perhaps Superboy too. Now that WHV has finished up Superfriends, it seems likely that they may next turn to some of these other classic superhero shows.

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
WHV does seem to have pulled the trigger on going back to finish stuff as of this year. (Well except the CN originals that are stuck in limbo bc of Cn's own choices), so i would imagine they might throw more of those DC ones out as we move forward.

And as i posted earlier, ever since that return, there have been no more announcements of new direct to video Scooby specials that they have been putting on 13 spooky tales dvds, even though we already know the two films for 2014 and the first for 2015, they just stopped. So given the indications WB Animation, DC Animation and Tom and Jerry are all going back to season sets, it bodes well Scooby may be too. That would only leave the Smurfs, which could follow too.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
JMFabianoRPL said:
Hmmmm....I remember seeing maybe the Filmation H&J when Terrytoons aired on USA in the mid-90s, but mostly recall the MM (and dubbed Supermouse) theatricals. And Deputy Dawg.
I think USA had the same package WGN aired in 1990-91(?). It included Heckle & Jeckle, Deputy Dawg and maybe others, I don't remember -- but also included some vintage interstitials from Mighty Mouse Playhouse. And at least a couple times I saw a late 1970s Filmation cartoon slip into the mix.

Back in the 1980s in Chicago, we had a Mighty Mouse package on WFLD-Channel 32, while WGN-Channel 9 ran a half-hour of cartoons (listed as Terrytoons) including Little Roquefort and other characters at 6:30 AM, and the Filmation TV ones ran on The Bozo Show. Back then, old theatrical cartoons were all over the place and I didn't appreciate them, since they were ubiquitous everywhere.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
JoeDoakes said:
In the recent Reddit chat with George Feltenstein, he was asked about Filmation DC titles. He replied, "WHV is hopefully going to be releasing the rest of the DC FILMATION animation. We know that at that time, BATMAN fans will rejoice!"

That makes it sound very promising that The Adventures of Batman will make it to DVD, perhaps Superboy too. Now that WHV has finished up Superfriends, it seems likely that they may next turn to some of these other classic superhero shows.
There are few fllmation shows that have not been released, like New Adventures of Gilligan, My Favourite Martian, Brady Kids, etc. Some of the aforementioned shows have copyright issues, so i am wondering how these shows will ever make it to print.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Gilligan is owned by WA so that will eventually come out. There are 2 potential problems with most of the other Filmation/HB TV show cartoon remakes: 1.) there maybe clearance issues and 2.) most are owned by other studios and those studios are not releasing old Cartoon TV shows on DVD; Jeannie, Partridge Family both owned by Sony, Brady Kids owned by Paramount etc.
younger1968 said:
There are few fllmation shows that have not been released, like New Adventures of Gilligan, My Favourite Martian, Brady Kids, etc. Some of the aforementioned shows have copyright issues, so i am wondering how these shows will ever make it to print.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
I'm hoping that "Goldie Gold and Action Jack" gets released soon. Since an episode was already released on the Saturday Morning 1980s DVD set, the show should be in good enough shape that it doesn't need a lot of work to get it out as a set.

WAC mentioned Clue Club is being worked on , that would be next on my list,
(Robonic Stooges would be nice to have too)

i'm waiting to watch my Godzilla Season One set until i can pair up the episodes
as they aired in 1978 with Jana of the Jungle, on "the Godzilla Power Hour".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks