What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (2 Viewers)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
HB/Warner Bros Archive have been quiet for the past month or so. The only release i see this month is the Herculoids. I thought we would see more of their shows released and i a wondering if there is a problem or it is just a slow down with sales this year.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Paul
I don't think they slowed down they just released Challenge of the gobots and Mr. T in the last 2 weeks and Frankenstein Jr. was just 3 weeks ago. Now Herculoids and Flinstones meet the Jetsons are being released. I think the only difference is they have been up for pre-order 2-4 weeks in advance now so it seems like they aren't coming as fast as when they were just popping up every 2-3 weeks.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Originally Posted by Randy Korstick
Paul
I don't think they slowed down they just released Challenge of the gobots and Mr. T in the last 2 weeks and Frankenstein Jr. was just 3 weeks ago. Now Herculoids and Flinstones meet the Jetsons are being released. I think the only difference is they have been up for pre-order 2-4 weeks in advance now so it seems like they aren't coming as fast as when they were just popping up every 2-3 weeks.
Agree this is hardly a slowdown. I would expect to hear more upcoming releases announced soon as Ive been hearing that the HB disc are successful sales at the archive.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Most months have been pretty consistent at two shows per month

since the program got going in the fall of 2010.

Going by the release dates on the WBshop website,
with the exception of last October, which had 4 Hanna-Barbera releases,
(but was followed by no releases in November)

I think we can expect that most months will have two, and some
months may only have one.

August 2010 - Pirates of Darkwater
Sept 2010 - Thundarr
October 2010 - Josie in Outerspace, Addams Family, Goober, Funky Fantom
November 2010 - none
December 2010 - Dukes
Jan 2011 - Speed Buggy, Wheelie & Chopper Bunch
Feb 2011 - JabberJaw
March 2011 - Space Kiddettes/Young Sampson, Valley of the Dinos
April 2011 - Frankie Jr & Impossibles
May 2011 - Mr. T, Gobots
June 2011 - Jetsons meet Flintstones, Herculoids

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Originally Posted by derosa

Most months have been pretty consistent at two shows per month

since the program got going in the fall of 2010.

Going by the release dates on the WBshop website,
with the exception of last October, which had 4 Hanna-Barbera releases,
(but was followed by no releases in November)

I think we can expect that most months will have two, and some
months may only have one.

August 2010 - Pirates of Darkwater
Sept 2010 - Thundarr
October 2010 - Josie in Outerspace, Addams Family, Goober, Funky Fantom
November 2010 - none
December 2010 - Dukes
Jan 2011 - Speed Buggy, Wheelie & Chopper Bunch
Feb 2011 - JabberJaw
March 2011 - Space Kiddettes/Young Sampson, Valley of the Dinos
April 2011 - Frankie Jr & Impossibles
May 2011 - Mr. T, Gobots
June 2011 - Jetsons meet Flintstones, Herculoids
When its listed like you provide I just now realize how much has been released in such a short period of time. I believe I have everything listed but im going to have to double check.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Also in December were "Yogi's Great Escape", "Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose", "Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears" and "Yogi Bear's All-Star Comedy Christmas Caper." The last one, "Christmas Caper" was a pressed DVD. They were all released on December 7, 2010. October also saw the live action special "Legends of the Superheroes" which was a Hanna-Barbera production.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Originally Posted by Greg Chenoweth
Also in December were "Yogi's Great Escape", "Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose", "Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears" and "Yogi Bear's All-Star Comedy Christmas Caper." The last one, "Christmas Caper" was a pressed DVD. They were all released on December 7, 2010. October also saw the live action special "Legends of the Superheroes" which was a Hanna-Barbera production.
I completely forgot about the Legends of the Superheroes. Im going to need to order that one.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
This has been an excellent discussion and i am glad to see that few people like me are looking forward to more releases of HB cartoons. My only concerns and i have mentioned it earlier is that it appears that we are getting may be 1 or 2 month of cartoons released. The New adventures of Gilligan was supposed to be released and it has been delayed. So, if we look at some of the cartoons remaining with no emphasis on decade then i see the following

1. Harlem Globe Trotters
2. Super Harlem Globe Trotters
3. Banana Splits (including micro ventures, three musketeers, arabian knights, danger island, etc)
4. Jeannie
5. Partridge Family 2200 AD
6. Skatebirds (Robotic three stooges, mystery island, etc)
7. Gulliver Travels
8. Captain Caveman
9. Sealab 2020
10. Scooby-doo Laff Lympics (remaining volumes)
11. Scooby-doo (unreleased episodes)
12. Clue Club
13. Roman Holidays
14. Wait till your father gets Home (S2)
15. Yogi's Gang
16. Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan
17. Yogi's races
18. Shazzan
19. Fantastic Four

I know i maybe missing a few and will corrected by someone. There are also Filmation shows that HB may have rights to that would be interesting to have in my collection the live shows i like to have our the following:
1. Shazam!
2. Far out Space Nuts
3. Big Foot and Wild Boy

I will continue to watch for the releases as there are some cartoons that i would like to add to my collection. I have over 40 cartoons now.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Originally Posted by younger1968
This has been an excellent discussion and i am glad to see that few people like me are looking forward to more releases of HB cartoons. My only concerns and i have mentioned it earlier is that it appears that we are getting may be 1 or 2 month of cartoons released. The New adventures of Gilligan was supposed to be released and it has been delayed. So, if we look at some of the cartoons remaining with no emphasis on decade then i see the following

1. Harlem Globe Trotters
2. Super Harlem Globe Trotters
3. Banana Splits (including micro ventures, three musketeers, arabian knights, danger island, etc)
4. Jeannie
5. Partridge Family 2200 AD
6. Skatebirds (Robotic three stooges, mystery island, etc)
7. Gulliver Travels
8. Captain Caveman
9. Sealab 2020
10. Scooby-doo Laff Lympics (remaining volumes)
11. Scooby-doo (unreleased episodes)
12. Clue Club
13. Roman Holidays
14. Wait till your father gets Home (S2)
15. Yogi's Gang
16. Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan
17. Yogi's races
18. Shazzan
19. Fantastic Four

I know i maybe missing a few and will corrected by someone. There are also Filmation shows that HB may have rights to that would be interesting to have in my collection the live shows i like to have our the following:
1. Shazam!
2. Far out Space Nuts
3. Big Foot and Wild Boy

I will continue to watch for the releases as there are some cartoons that i would like to add to my collection. I have over 40 cartoons now.
HI Younger1968,
These would all be first day release buys for me. This is a great list! I would also like Flintstone Kids, Richie Rich completed and any of the missing Jetson Episodes. (I remember, or maybe I am not correct on this...a series called Astro and the space mutts??) Im hoping Jana of the Jungle is owned by WB and will see a release along with Goldie Gold and Action Jack too.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I think the 2 a month release schedule works best on my purse. Too many at one time and I will have to take out a loan

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
1. Shazam!

2. Far out Space Nuts

3. Big Foot and Wild Boy

Shazam! is controlled by Warner now - they put out the first episodes as a bonus on Season 3 of Wonder Woman. Word was that Warner wasn't pumped to put it out on DVD since the show was made on 16mm and didn't look as hot. They might be willing to release it all as part of Warner archive.

The last two were actually made by Sid and Marty Krofft. They are part of their new deal. Sid hopes all these stuff will be out on DVD. A complete Sigmund is next on the schedule (Rhino only put out the first season).

Shame the complete Uncle Crocs aren't out. We need more Charles Nelson Reilly on DVD.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Originally Posted by Towergrove
I would also like Flintstone Kids, Richie Rich completed and any of the missing Jetson Episodes. (I remember, or maybe I am not correct on this...a series called Astro and the space mutts??) Im hoping Jana of the Jungle is owned by WB and will see a release along with Goldie Gold and Action Jack too.

I'm hoping for another volume of Richie Rich/Scooby doo too. It's one of the few anthology shows to get a release almost as aired.
Eventually it might show up in a wide release, as well as the 8 Scooby Doo epiodes from 1977 that aren't yet released.

I would love the complete Goldie Gold & Action Jack episodes, that's a "must buy" for me.
If they package it with Jana, that would be great too, but I don't hold out much hope that these anthology shows are going to ever
see the light of day as originally aired. My top pick is to have the Scooby's Laff-a-Lympics material released, so that at least
all the segments are available. Or I'd settle for just one single example of the 2hr original episode block as a bonus feature on
some Scooby Doo release.

Throw us a bone WB !! :)

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I completely forgot about the Legends of the Superheroes. Im going to need to order that one.
The first episode is fun to watch but the roast episode is almost the bottom of the barrel. I had never seen these specials until this DVD came out and my expectations were low from what I had heard. I did like the first one, though.

Also, concerning new releases, usually we never hear about the Archive releases until the day they are released. Warner has been giving advanced notice on some of the H-B titles. Warner Archive has their own Facebook page. They are looking for fans to comment on what titles they want released. With "The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones", they took a survey of three titles and the one with the most votes would get the next release. Obviously, the Jetsons/Flintstones title won but the other two were "Top Cat and the Beverly Hills Cats" and "Jonny Quest vs. the Cyber Insects." I am hoping both of these titles will get released soon as well.

Also, Warner Archive on Facebook will sometimes answer people's comments on releases. I wrote about wanting to see more Huckleberry Hound through the Archive program. They wrote back on my wall saying that more Huck and Yogi were coming later this year but that "The Good, The Bad and Huckleberry Hound" would also be released later this year. If you have a Facebook account, I highly recommend "liking" their page. They are also available on Twitter if you prefer that instead.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Also, Warner Archive on Facebook will sometimes answer people's comments on releases. I wrote about wanting to see more Huckleberry Hound through the Archive program. They wrote back on my wall saying that more Huck and Yogi were coming later this year but that "The Good, The Bad and Huckleberry Hound" would also be released later this year. If you have a Facebook account, I highly recommend "liking" their page.
Yes, i follow their facebook page too. Most of the news makes it to TVSHOWSONDVD.com pretty fast.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
The first episode is fun to watch but the roast episode is almost the bottom of the barrel. I had never seen these specials until this DVD came out and my expectations were low from what I had heard. I did like the first one, though.

Also, concerning new releases, usually we never hear about the Archive releases until the day they are released. Warner has been giving advanced notice on some of the H-B titles. Warner Archive has their own Facebook page. They are looking for fans to comment on what titles they want released. With "The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones", they took a survey of three titles and the one with the most votes would get the next release. Obviously, the Jetsons/Flintstones title won but the other two were "Top Cat and the Beverly Hills Cats" and "Jonny Quest vs. the Cyber Insects." I am hoping both of these titles will get released soon as well.

Also, Warner Archive on Facebook will sometimes answer people's comments on releases. I wrote about wanting to see more Huckleberry Hound through the Archive program. They wrote back on my wall saying that more Huck and Yogi were coming later this year but that "The Good, The Bad and Huckleberry Hound" would also be released later this year. If you have a Facebook account, I highly recommend "liking" their page. They are also available on Twitter if you prefer that instead.
Im a FB WB Archive as well. Voted in the video poll. Greg do you know anything about a Top Cat being released in Mexico. Supposed to be new material? I thought I read somewhere it was a theatrical release??

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

Im a FB WB Archive as well. Voted in the video poll. Greg do you know anything about a Top Cat being released in Mexico. Supposed to be new material? I thought I read somewhere it was a theatrical release??
I keep trying to track down information. There is a Facebook page for the film. Do a search in Facebook for Don Gato and you'll see images for the film. Several of us have asked about a USA release date and the producers have responded that they will let people know through the movie's Facebook page when it will show up in the States and Canada. There are also several still pictures from the film on the FB page. Most of it is in Spanish, but you'll see English comments as well. I hope it shows up soon after its Mexico release. I'm glad someone is taking the time to invest in this wonderful character and series. Hopefully T.C.'s TV movie "Top Cat and the Beverly Hills Cats" will get released on DVD this year.

Mark Y

Screenwriter

HI Younger1968,
These would all be first day release buys for me. This is a great list! I would also like Flintstone Kids, Richie Rich completed and any of the missing Jetson Episodes. (I remember, or maybe I am not correct on this...a series called Astro and the space mutts??) Im hoping Jana of the Jungle is owned by WB and will see a release along with Goldie Gold and Action Jack too.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I think the 2 a month release schedule works best on my purse. Too many at one time and I will have to take out a loan
"Astro And The Space Mutts" (which pops up now and then on Boomerang) was a segment on "Space Stars," an early 1980s series which also had new segments of Space Ghost and The Herculoids. I kid you not, in some of the "Astro" segments the stars of the various individual segments (such as Space Ghost) appear together -- that's kind of "off-the-wall."

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Originally Posted by Mark Y
"Astro And The Space Mutts" (which pops up now and then on Boomerang) was a segment on "Space Stars," an early 1980s series which also had new segments of Space Ghost and The Herculoids. I kid you not, in some of the "Astro" segments the stars of the various individual segments (such as Space Ghost) appear together -- that's kind of "off-the-wall."
One of the YouTube channels I keep an eye on recently uploaded a 1981 promo and opening credits for Space Stars:

Mr. Papagiorgio

Stunt Coordinator
I know they are trying to put out the mini-series version of Dark Water with Roddy McDowall if they can find all the elements. Other HB/RS cartoons Warner Archive has said at some point via facebook or twitter would be coming out this year are Saturday Supercade (might not have all segments), Centurions, and Pac Man (this one has been delayed a few times).

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Just remembered Smurfs, Snorks, Biskits, Paw Paws, Monchichi, Gary Coleman Show and Shirt Tales as well. I believe these were all HB??
Oh and Rubik the Amazing Cube.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
I can't believe it's another not double-dip, not triple, what are we up to now? quadruple?, quintuple-dip?
on these same Scooby episodes! How about some more unreleased ones? pretty please!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Scooby-Doo-4-budget-priced-DVDs/15486

how about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks