What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (2 Viewers)

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
The H-B shows have been among the Archive's most consistent sellers. Even George Feltenstein has commented on their success in that interview.

Surely that would justify throwing some quid towards lcearing the music on Quick Draw and the rest of Huck, since those surely wouldn't be exceptions to H-B's clean streak of hits on the archive.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
So many of the HB cartoons have been run, uncut, on Boomerang for the past decade that it's hard for me to get too excited about Archive releases. But if you took away all my recordings off Boomerang and I had nothing in my collection except what's already been released on pressed DVDs, I'd like to see:

1) The Harlem Globetrotters - Not the goofy "Super-Globetrotters" stuff, but the original series. I believe HB doesn't own these any more. These haven't ever played on CN or Boomerang and all I have are from TVLand and I don't believe they even ran the entire series.
2) The Herculoids - Great series.
3) Shazzan - Ibid.
4) Abbott & Costello - which haven't been run as far as I know, and would be more for sentimental reasons (see my profile pic).
5) These are the Days
6) Banana Splits Adventure Hour & all the shows that aired in conjunction with it.
7) Adventures of Gulliver
8) New Adventures of Huck Finn
9) Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan

Since I do have several of these thanks to Boomerang I doubt I'd double dip on Archive editions. But those that haven't aired I'd buy at the right price.

Gary "would really love to see a nice Globetrotters boxed set" O.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg Chenoweth
I know, DeWilson, about the music clearance issues and that issue has to be addressed but I just posted what they posted on my Facebook page. When they say more "Huck and Yogi", they could mean "Yogi's Gang" or "Yogi's Treasure Hunt." We just don't know. However, I read that statement from Warner Archive to mean "The Huckleberry Hound Show" itself. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Maybe, just maybe, they'll also put out "Ruff and Reddy."
As we saw with some previous releases, like Huckleberry Hound and Magilla Gorilla, these things have been chopped up and re-edited so many times that the actual half-hour intact shows may no longer exist. The story that I heard was that all of those late-50s, early-60s shows aired in black and white even though the cartoons were shot in color. Warner only had the actual complete versions on the shows on black and white film and some time in the 90s they tossed them in the dumpster. That's why some of the stuff on Huckleberry Hound looks like it came from 3rd generation VHS tapes. Because it did.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos now up at the archive and it has a Hanna Barbera collection logo on it! Not an April fools BTW...

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Kinda eager to check out the Chuck Norris series, as I missed it in the `80s, but...does he get residuals ? Didn't know about his homophobia, don't wanna give the man a cent (yeah, I know he's already filthy rich and my lack of support won't do anything to the guy or his influential abilities, just a personal preference/principal). Kinda like when I really wanna read an Orson Scott Card book, I'll borrow from the library or a friend rather than buy (I know borrowing from the library will contribute to the possibility that staff there will see he's popular and order more of his stuff, but ah well, short of stealing/downloading, dunno what else you should do). I know you can't know the personal beliefs of every author, musician, and TV writer/crew member on the planet, so chances are almost certain that you've supported someone who spreads ignorant beliefs and supports unfair politics/public policy and has media pull, but...y'know, it doesn't hurt to try, I feel. Wouldn't guilt anyone else into going this far/extreme with it, but I don't see how anyone could support a dude who decries public schools' support of their non-straight students. Kinda insensitive--at any time, but especially with the rash of suicides and whatnot last year (well, every year, but last year was when it was the most public).
It's an older show, so I'm guessing that he probably doesn't get paid beyond that initial voice work he did for the show. Then again, it has his name on it, so I had to ask.
On a lighter note, all I really want from the Hanna-Barbara banner is Galter and the Golden Lance. Frickin' loooved that series as a child in the `80s, don't think I got to see all the episodes either. I think they've released an episode or two on some compilation/sampler discs, but beyond that, nothin'. Its best chance would be the MOD route, I'm guessing.
**edited for spelling**

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Chuck's show was a complete bomb since it was supposed to be 5 days a week like GI Joe and they only made 5 episodes. So not remembering it in the '80s isn't that big of a thing cause odds are they didn't run the mini-series in your area. What's interesting is that someone wanted to turn him into a kiddie star after he'd been making R-Rated violent action movies for Cannon.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Originally Posted by Kris_AB
Kinda eager to check out the Chuck Norris series, as I missed it in the `80s, but...does he get residuals ? Didn't know about his homophobia, don't wanna give the man a cent (yeah, I know he's already filthy rich and my lack of support won't do anything to the guy or his influential abilities, just a personal preference/principal). Kinda like when I really wanna read an Orson Scott Card book, I'll borrow from the library or a friend rather than buy (I know borrowing from the library will contribute to the possibility that staff there will see he's popular and order more of his stuff, but ah well, short of stealing/downloading, dunno what else you should do). I know you can't know the personal beliefs of every author, musician, and TV writer/crew member on the planet, so chances are almost certain that you've supported someone who spreads ignorant beliefs and supports unfair politics/public policy and has media pull, but...y'know, it doesn't hurt to try, I feel. Wouldn't guilt anyone else into going this far/extreme with it, but I don't see how anyone could support a dude who decries public schools' support of their non-straight students. Kinda insensitive--at any time, but especially with the rash of suicides and whatnot last year (well, every year, but last year was when it was the most public).
It's an older show, so I'm guessing that he probably doesn't get paid beyond that initial voice work he did for the show. Then again, it has his name on it, so I had to ask.
On a lighter note, all I really want from the Hanna-Barbara banner is Galter and the Golden Lance. Frickin' loooved that series as a child in the `80s, don't think I got to see all the episodes either. I think they've released an episode or two on some complitaion/sampler discs, but beyond that, nothin'. Its best chance would be the MOD route, I'm guessing.
I know I felt the same but I did make the purchase. I want to collect all the HB and RS animation that will be released by the Archive.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am a little disappointed in the release to date. I can find a rhyme or reason why certain shows have been released and other have note. If you look at the saturday morning cartoons then you would see the following

1. Sealab 2020
2. Charlie Chan and Amazing Clan
3. Roman Hollidays
4. New Adventures of Gilligans
5. Yogi's Gang
6. Banana Split
7. Tarzan
8. Shazzan
9. Inch Detective
10. Herculoids

I would think the studio would have focused on the shows they released on the saturday morning cartoons sets v1/v2. I have been so far only interested in goober and the ghost chasers, speed buggy, jabberjaw, funky phantom, valley of the dinosaurs, etc. I have looked at the scooby-doo movies, but, because it is not a complete set. I would have much prefer to complete set of the movies. I also like to see the globe trotters also mentioned along with the skatebirds and few other the filmation shows, which i believe HB owns.

I am sure each of us will have different perspective on what we like to see released. I had to share the tv with two other brothers, so it was hard to get see your show all the time, especially if it was on the same time as a show i liked. The other set i liked to see completed would be wait till your father gets home. I have S1 and love this show, especially Ralph (the neighbor) along with sargeant whitaker. Tom Bosley as Harry Boyle is also well done!!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
If they weren't going to pay up for the necessary licenses to release all the movies on retail DVD years ago, I really suggest you don't hold your breath that they're going to someday do a complete set via this burn on demand program. I assume budgets are even smaller in a program such as this than they would be for a general retail release.

I imagine some of the more popular stuff has been absent since they have/had a glimmer of hope of doing a real retail release for them, such as the missing Huckleberry Hound episodes.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Originally Posted by younger1968
I am a little disappointed in the release to date. I can find a rhyme or reason why certain shows have been released and other have note. If you look at the saturday morning cartoons then you would see the following

1. Sealab 2020
2. Charlie Chan and Amazing Clan
3. Roman Hollidays
4. New Adventures of Gilligans
5. Yogi's Gang
6. Banana Split
7. Tarzan
8. Shazzan
9. Inch Detective
10. Herculoids

I would think the studio would have focused on the shows they released on the saturday morning cartoons sets v1/v2. I have been so far only interested in goober and the ghost chasers, speed buggy, jabberjaw, funky phantom, valley of the dinosaurs, etc. I have looked at the scooby-doo movies, but, because it is not a complete set. I would have much prefer to complete set of the movies. I also like to see the globe trotters also mentioned along with the skatebirds and few other the filmation shows, which i believe HB owns.

I am sure each of us will have different perspective on what we like to see released. I had to share the tv with two other brothers, so it was hard to get see your show all the time, especially if it was on the same time as a show i liked. The other set i liked to see completed would be wait till your father gets home. I have S1 and love this show, especially Ralph (the neighbor) along with sargeant whitaker. Tom Bosley as Harry Boyle is also well done!!
These are all great series that you have posted here that I want in my collection too! Lets not forget that this is an ongoing program and the vault is full of animation so It could take a while before many of our favorites are in our collections. I think Warner Archive has done a great job so far. A new release seems to be coming every 15 days or so. Thats a good amount of output that I hope continues. They have said that the HB portion of the archive has been a great success! I would think all the shows you mentioned above would be released sooner or later.

A few weeks ago my niece stayed overnight on a Friday and I asked her if she wanted to have a Saturday Morning like I did when I was a kid. I got up early (before my husband and niece) cooked breakfast and selected a roster of shows to watch til around noon (I also included some Schoolhouse Rocks :) )My niece said she had a great time and wants to to this again soon. Ahha the memories!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Towergrove

These are all great series that you have posted here that I want in my collection too! Lets not forget that this is an ongoing program and the vault is full of animation so It could take a while before many of our favorites are in our collections. I think Warner Archive has done a great job so far. A new release seems to be coming every 15 days or so. Thats a good amount of output that I hope continues. They have said that the HB portion of the archive has been a great success! I would think all the shows you mentioned above would be released sooner or later.

A few weeks ago my niece stayed overnight on a Friday and I asked her if she wanted to have a Saturday Morning like I did when I was a kid. I got up early (before my husband and niece) cooked breakfast and selected a roster of shows to watch til around noon (I also included some Schoolhouse Rocks :) )My niece said she had a great time and wants to to this again soon. Ahha the memories!
I agree releases are coming. I would love to see the following shows come out this year

1. Roman Hollidays
2. herculoids
3. New Adventures of Gilligan (i think this has been delayed)
4. Banana Split

I would love to see shows like Partridge Family 2200AD, Jeannie, Brady Kids, my favourite martian, etc, but there may be some licensing issues with these sets

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Does any one know if Jana of the Jungle is owned by Warner? If so Im wondering if they may release this under the Hanna Barbera banner like they have Thundarr and Chuck Norris?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I think HB owns the rights.

I am hoping for the following

1. Sealab 2020 (This show was good about the environment.
2. Roman Holidays (I watch this show on saturday morning and like it.
3. Herculoids.- the Herculoids frustrates me considering space ghost/dino boy, jonny quest and valley of dinosaurs was released. It only make sense this show should be released.
4. Wait till your father gets home (i have S1 on dvd and would love them to complete this set. Nothing beats this show. I remember watching this show on global tv in canada in the late 1970
5. New adventures of Gilligans (this was schedule to be out in apr/may, but appears to be delay)

There are other shows, but there appears to be licenses issues, like jeannie, partridge family 2200AD, brady kids, etc.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There was announcement about Herculoids yesterday and that was saying it was coming out. That was great news for me, because i am huge herculoids fan. I just hope the next ones are Sealab 2020 and the remaining season of Wait Till Your Father Gets Home along with New Adventures of Gilligan is released. I believe there was a delay in New Adventures of Gilligans.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Frankenstein Jr. and the Impossibles should be out in a week or two I would think/expect Herculoids about three weeks after that. They also have gobots and Mr. T that I'm not interested in coming so that may cover their releases for the next two months.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see Goldie Gold, Space Stars, Harlem Globetrotters, Dragon's Lair and a few others make it out. It may take a while for those to kick in.

James

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i like to see the following come out:

1. Sealab 2020
2. New adventures of Gilligan (i believe it has been delayed)
3. Roman Holidays
4. Banana Splits
5. Harlem Globe Trotters
6. Wait till your father gets home

Aaron Handy III

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Handy III
Here's what I'd like to see:

• Tom & Jerry 1975 (either the individual syndie cartoons or the original hourlong Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape Show flagship)

• Harlem Globetrotters (the 1970 CBS series [OK, so it ain't controlled by Warner's!!])

• The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour (the original 1976 hourlong series, obviously!)

Honourable Mention:

• Clue Club

• C.B. Bears (hour-long)

• Skatebirds (hour-long)
Still like to have some sort of retail release, though...if not, what's that toll free number again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks