What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I have seen some on their website in the past but no announcement came so it's hard to say until it's official. They just posted a photo of 77 sunset strip 2 months ago but that show still has clearance issues.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I have seen some on their website in the past but no announcement came so it's hard to say until it's official. They just posted a photo of 77 sunset strip 2 months ago but that show still has clearance issues.
Off topic, but are you sure they haven't cleared it (if it was in connection with someone's passing, admittedly it wouldn't be an indication of anything like that).

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Off topic, but are you sure they haven't cleared it (if it was in connection with someone's passing, admittedly it wouldn't be an indication of anything like that).
Definitely not cleared. 77 Sunset strip and the other 3 Warner detective shows get asked about on FB just about every week. Warner knows there is a demand for them and would have released them a few years ago if they could. But for the past few years they have been trying to clear the music rights issues but still have not been able to complete the clearances. Nearly every episode of these show contained a song or two in addition to the normal instrumental music for a show so they are a music clearance nightmare.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Looks like WA have announced there October lineup unless they add something else to it. No HB listed for October. With December normally being a month off with only re-issues announced. We can probably only hope for 1-2 HB in November which will probably be it for this year. They previously mentioned a vintage, long awaited series coming this year; most interpret this to mean a 50's or 60's show. Others have mentioned Kwicky Koala and Janna of the Jungle coming soon but it doesn't look like we will get all 3 this year unless they still add something for October.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Looks like WA have announced there October lineup unless they add something else to it. No HB listed for October. With December normally being a month off with only re-issues announced. We can probably only hope for 1-2 HB in November which will probably be it for this year. They previously mentioned a vintage, long awaited series coming this year; most interpret this to mean a 50's or 60's show. Others have mentioned Kwicky Koala and Janna of the Jungle coming soon but it doesn't look like we will get all 3 this year unless they still add something for October.

Where did you see the October releases?

James

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
So I'm guessing/hoping that the long awaited vintage/classic Hanna Barbera show that they hinted at a month ago is coming in November. We are certainly due for one, other than Adventures of Huck Finn we haven't had any vintage/classic HB since Atom Ant and Secret Squirrel last year.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
So I'm guessing/hoping that the long awaited vintage/classic Hanna Barbera show that they hinted at a month ago is coming in November. We are certainly due for one, other than Adventures of Huck Finn we haven't had any vintage/classic HB since Atom Ant and Secret Squirrel last year.
I still want to think it's Jana of the Jungle. I know Michael Bell (who voiced Dr. Ben Cooper in that series) had been talking about that, too.

If indeed it is, I just hope the end title they use has no Godzilla references - only those of Jana of the Jungle.

~Ben

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I still want to think it's Jana of the Jungle. I know Michael Bell (who voiced Dr. Ben Cooper in that series) had been talking about that, too.

If indeed it is, I just hope the end title they use has no Godzilla references - only those of Jana of the Jungle.

~Ben
I'm hoping its that and a classic HB. That would be a real slap in the face as that is in no way considered a vintage/classic HB series as they implied. We have got 2 releases in a month before and they tend to release a lot towards the end of the year so I hope its both. Any of these would fit what they implied:

Banana Splits
The Rest of Huckleberry Hound
Quick Draw McGraw
Wally Gator Show
Ruff and Ready
Peter Potamus
And a couple others

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I'm hoping its that and a classic HB. That would be a real slap in the face as that is in no way considered a vintage/classic HB series as they implied. We have got 2 releases in a month before and they tend to release a lot towards the end of the year so I hope its both. Any of these would fit what they implied:

Banana Splits
Quick Draw McGraw
Wally Gator Show
Ruff and Ready
Peter Potamus
And a couple others
I'd be for Wally Gator, too!

~Ben

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

Banana Splits
Quick Draw McGraw
Wally Gator Show
Ruff and Ready
Peter Potamus
And a couple others

Peter Potamus it is, confirmed on twitter

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
That would almost be my last choice on that list after rough and ready but still one of my top 10 hb most wanted. So I will take it :)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Facebook shows the unboxing. I've not seen more than one episode but I'm excited!
I'm surprised you haven't seen more of the show it was a standard for reruns throughout the 1970's into the early 80's along with Quick Draw, Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Wally Gator, Magilla Gorilla and Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel.
This one is a rare one where I think I like the 2 supporting cartoons even better than the main cartoon: Yippy, Yappy and Yahooey and Breezly and Sneezly.
Breezly the Polar bear can even be seen as a stuffed animal in Tabitha's room in an episode of Bewitched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks