What's new

Next Calgary Meet? (1 Viewer)

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings
And at the opposite side of the ring ... I'm in the other boat compared to Stacey.
I will not be around on the 24th ... am out of country.
But don't let that stop you. There will be other meets.
Regards
------------------
Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
If the preference is for the 17th, no problem. My Edmonton trip is somewhat tentative. I won't know for sure until the middle of March. I think that those of you who have not had the chance to meet Michael, would benefit greatly if he is able to attend. Let's shoot for the 17th, and hopefully I will be able to make it.
Later,
Stacey
------------------
inspector.gif

Dale_S

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I'm changing the date to the 24th. Hope you can make it Stacey. I look forward to meeting all of you in person. Here are some more details:
1. My address is #68 3809 45 St. SW. It's one of the blue and white condos on the NW corner of Richmond Rd. and 45 St. SW. Heading either east or west on Richmond Rd. SW, turn north onto 45 St. Park on 45 St. as parking in the condo lots is very limited for visitors. If you do choose to park in the condo lots, park only in designated visitor stalls and bring your license plate number as we need to call it in to prevent the vehicle from being towed. My unit (#68) is located in building 5, on the NE corner of the building.
2. For anyone that doesn't wish to carpool, here are the addresses of the places we'll be visiting.
Smart Home Systems: 4116 Macleod Tr. South - parking is limited, and entrance is only accessible when heading north on Macleod Tr.
Chianti Cafe and Restaurant: 1438 17 Ave. SW - parking is located behind the restaurant off 16th Ave. It is a pay lot, I believe charging $2.00. There is a rear entrance to Chianti's from this lot.
DVD Now: 1301 17th Ave SW - parking is located behind the building.
A&B Sound: 3320 20 Ave NE - lots of parking in front of the store. Store is located in the SW corner of the Sunridge Mall parking lot (south of Zellers).
Future Shop: 3319 26 Ave NE - lots of parking in front of the store. Store is located just NW of the Sunridge Mall parking lot.
Video & Sound: 1715 Center St. NW - parking is located behind the building.
Once we arrive back at my place we can decide on dinner plans for those that wish to stay. Let me know if there is any additional info people require.
------------------
Dale S. aka Frustrated (with Denon) in Calgary
Calgary and area local HTF meet, March 24th 2001
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/000205.html

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
ho, hey! you guys are having a meet? cool! is it the 17th for sure? cause gosh darn i am working!! I will try and rearrange my work schedule though, cause i'd like to come with. I'm actually speaker shopping in the near future for something to go with my Onkyo 575X that should be coming this week or next from Crazy Eddies (ala Borderfree). anyone wanna come with?
never been to CD now, video and sound, jack astors or chianti...... sounds like fun....... anyone else looking for upgrades? we could get a group buy going.......
------------------
THAT'S just EVIL!!!! and EVIL is WRONG!!!!!

Dale_S

Stunt Coordinator
Paul:
You're certainly welcome to join us. As for a bulk buy, it's always possible. Even I am on the prowl for new speakers, but I've decided to hold off for a while. I've got quite mismatched speakers with my current setup, but even so, I love the sound that I get from them. There is something missing, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
I've listened to speakers from Paradigm to B&W to JBL. All have their different qualities, and all have their negatives. When all is said and done, I've decided to wait until I move to a new house (within the next 2 years).
For everyone that is joining in, could you please indicate if you are going to join the carpool or if you plan to meet us at each place. As a reminder, those joining the carpool should arrive at my place around 9:30am. Thanks!
------------------

Sean_Prior

Auditioning
Well, unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to pull out of the meet. I just found out today that a good friend from Edmonton is in town that day and I havent seen her for for some time. I was really looking forward to attending as well, but I hope everyone has a great time as I know the last couple of meets have been.
Sean
I thought I'd might add that the 24th is still ok for me but if it turns out to be the 17th that's fine.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
24th would work better for me too as i'm off that day..... hey all i guess sounds of music moved to a new location..... should be fun to see what's changed.... even though the entire staff are assholes.....
------------------

Chris M

Second Unit
I'm good to go for either, so I can do the 24th, since there are so many people busy on the 17th.
Chris.

Dale_S

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like the 24th is going to work better, so as of today (Tuesday Mar. 6th 2001), the next Calgary area HTF local meet will occur then.
I'll try and edit my messages on the various forums which mentioned the 17th, but I'm sure anyone that's going to attend will read it here anyhow.
I'm sorry that Michael won't be able to join us, but I'm sure I'll meet him at a future event. I'll wait for confirmation from each of you here or via email. Thanks.
------------------

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
24th would be awesome but if this transit strike continues, i may need a ride. anyone live in the south? Anderson+Elbow??
------------------

Sean_Prior

Auditioning
The 24th would be great. I'll be able to make it that day so hopefully we can organize a car pool. I live up in the NW so maybe we could meet somewhere and then go from there.
Sean
------------------
Sean Prior

Dan Mercier

Stunt Coordinator
Doh!
Now my company is partially sponsoring a ski trip to fernie
on the 24th.
Oh well I'll have to get in on the next meeting.
Have fun guys!

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in for the 24th...I am looking forward to meeting you guys, and talking HT!
Paul, I live in Douglasdale, and I'm more than happy to give you a ride. Let me know.
Stacey
------------------
inspector.gif

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
I'm good for the 24th, see everyone there! Hey if any other Edmonton people are lurking and are interested I'd be happy to give someone a ride, just post a responce in here and Ill hook up with you.
Dean

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Stacey that would be great, I can meet you at Anderson station if that would be more convenient for you......
------------------

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
Dale... I have a friend who is interested in attending. Throw him on the list of attendees. His name is Aaron.
Paul... Send me an email with your phone number and address. We'll talk as we get closer to the 24th.
Regards,
Stacey
------------------
inspector.gif

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Well, I just was pointed out this thread by Paul McGowan, and I would definately be interested in going on the 24th. I am looking for a new amp right now, and could use the collected advice. My roomate worked at DVDnow! for a long time, and I must say they have a sweet pioneer elite 16x9 on display. However, I must point out that the parking is TERRIBLE at dvdnow! parking MAX 6 cars.
Dale, if you want, i don't mind offering up my house for the meet that night, if you guys will excuse the shitty amp
frown.gif
I live in the NW, off of charleswood and northmount. If the group really gets rarin', we can head about 5 minutes away and go to the irish pub Kilkenney. Just a thought.
cheers!
Josh
oh yeah, my place is a decent size, but i only have two couches in place, so thats 7ish people, but I have 2 leather chairs and one HUGE comfy chair as well.
------------------
People say life is short. It ain't. Life is LONG, especially if you make the wrong decisions. -Chris Rock

Dale_S

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys...
Things are now firm for the 24th. Although I appreciate Josh's offer, I'm going to hold firm on the plans that we meet at my place afterwards. Note to Josh: it wasn't your amp that made this decision, it was prior plans.
To tally up, the list of attendees is as follows:
Chris and his wife
Sean Prior
Dean Cooper
Stacey V
Aaron
Paul McGowan
Josh Dial
Adam H
Dale S
So we are at 10 and holding. There may be one more friend of mine joining us, but he hasn't confirmed yet. If Dan and Micheal's plans change, they are of course still welcome to join back in.
As for the car pool, I'ld still like people to meet at my place. If others want to take their vehicles and pool from different locations, that's fine too. Adam's van (taking up to 4 more passengers) will leave my place at 9:40am to head for Smart Home Systems. Space in Adam's van is first come, first serve so speak up if you want a ride.
I hope this is as much fun as I think it can be. Look forward to meeting you all.
------------------

Sean_Prior

Auditioning
I'd like to grab a spot in the car pool. Hopefully as the time nears you might be able to give some rough directions on how to get to your place Dale. I'm not really familiar with the area your in.
Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.