What's new

Next Bond girl ideas (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I don't think we've forgotten anything. We just think that she was stunningly atrocious.
Oh dear got out of bed the wrong side this morning have we? Stunning Kate is a stunningly attractive girl, she was stunning in those two stunning cgi stunners Van Helsing & Underworld. And I think she would make a stunningly stunning Bond girl.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Oh dear got out of bed the wrong side this morning have we? Stunning Kate is a stunningly attractive girl, she was stunning in those two stunning cgi stunners Van Helsing & Underworld. And I think she would make a stunningly stunning Bond girl.
Um, I don't think anyone is saying that she's not pretty - for crying out loud, I've compared her to Audrey Hepburn in the past! - just that big action set-pieces aren't exactly something she does particularly well. You want someone to be flat-out adorable in a romantic comedy, she's your gal. You need an overeducated New England snob, call Kate. If the part calls for actual participation in an action sequence, though, that's not her strength.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
A few wonderful choices.

Way back to Lou on page 2 (and Phil on this very page): I love Jodie! What a trip it would be to see her as a Bond woman (she's hardly a girl).

The last few Bond girls I loved: Sophie Marceau (she was perfect), Michelle Yeoh (best in a long time).

Cate Blanchett is incredibly formidable...perhaps a female 00 herself. She couldn't be just a Bond girl (or Moneypenny). She'd chew Bond up, and spit him out. But while we are dreaming, how about Kate Winslet??? :D

Kate B. is very pretty, but wasn't so solid in UW or PH. Didn't watch VH, but the consensus was that she sucked.

They need a Bond anyway, so who knows at this point ;)

Take care,
Chuck

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
If the part calls for actual participation in an action sequence, though, that's not her strength.
People have seem to have forgotten that this is only a recent thing, that a "Bond Girl" doesn't need to be an action hero as well. It has been popular to do that lately, since it brings in the women, but that's far from true for most Bond Girls.

Personally, with the right role, she can do just fine. Just because she was in a couple of average-below average action films doesn't mean she can't do it.

Jason

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
People have seem to have forgotten that this is only a recent thing, that a "Bond Girl" doesn't need to be an action hero as well. It has been popular to do that lately, since it brings in the women, but that's far from true for most Bond Girls.
I don't just mean she has to be believable kicking someone's ass; just that action scenes are these meticulously fimed things that require an actor to be at a precise spot at a precise time while ten other things are happening around them and a lot of what you're reacting to is not there, either because it's happening off camera or because it's digitally added. Even if Ms. Beckinsale were to play a damsel-in-distress type of role, that's still a very different type of task from what she has excelled at in the past.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
To me a relatively unknown is the perferable approach. Anyway, so how about:

Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Even if she is a singer.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Isn't she the one Robbie Williams said looked like an alien?

No I'll go with PatSun's choice Lara Croft aka the impossibly gorgeous Angelina Jolie as the ultimate Bond girl, more than a match for 007, those eyes, those lips, those thighs, those[STOP IT STEVE!]

:D

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
M
Your mission, 007 -- seduce this woman and learn what you can about her secret organization.

M passes Bond a 8x10 glossy photo of Rosie O'Donnell.

BOND
Ah - Ms. Lovehandle, codename "Loudmouth" -- leader of the Lesbianage Cartel. Based out of San Francisco, with ties to the local government and daytime talk shows. Well, I won't like it, but I'll do it.

M
Make sure you visit Q before you go. He has some special equipment you'll need to complete this mission. That is all.

BOND
I believe a blindfold and earplugs would be much appreciated.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Ernest's post :laugh: Funny!

Just reminds me of one local talk radio I heard a while back about the thought of having Rosie D., Martha S., & Barbara S. locked in a prison together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks