What's new

Next Bond girl ideas (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I think Cate would fit Moneypenny better than a Bond girl. Not that there's ANYTHING wrong with that. :)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/ap/2004...998806000.html

If pop singer Britney Spears is going to be a Bond girl, it's news to James Bond's Pierce Brosnan. The actor says he knows nothing about Spears becoming a Bond girl, in spite of rumors to that effect.

Brosnan says, "Bless her cotton socks and good luck to her." If given a choice, Brosnan says he'd like Keira Knightley or Monica Belucci to be in a Bond movie.
Keira Knightley? WAY too young for Pierce (around a 30 year age difference), but maybe in 10 or 20 years. Monica Bellucci? PLEASE. YES. PLEASE.

Scott.J

Grip
I know the rumer of Brittnay has been floating around, and I also know its not true. But damn that would be sweet if she was the next one.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
Actually Pierce said more than that, lol...

From IMDB:

Pierce Brosnan has laughed off reports Britney Spears will be the next Bond girl - dismissing the suggestions as "rumor". The pop star - who made her big screen debut in 2002's Crossroads - had reportedly lobbied the makers of the spy film series to let her play the female lead in the next 007 movie, but Brosnan would prefer British star Keira Knightley. He says of the Britney reports, "It's a rumor! I know nothing of it. I don't involve myself in the rumors of Bond and I try and stay occupied with other films when I'm not doing it, but Britney, no. Bless her cotton socks and good luck to her. Keira Knightley maybe!"

Brosnan reportedly also wants Bollywood beauty Aishwarya Rai (also former Ms. World) to be a Bond girl as well.

I think Ms. Rai and Knightley would be good picks... since most Bond films have more than one Bond girl anyway.

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
My vote goes to Kate Beckinsale. She is extremely hot and has proven she can kick ass with Underworld and Van Helsing.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Um, I adore Kate, and have since Cold Comfort Farm, but if those two awful movies proved anything, they proved that action-adventure really isn't her thing at all. Not that she was given much to work with, granted, but she never seemed believable in an action sequence.

JohnCZ

Stunt Coordinator
I have to second that motion for Kate Beckinsale.

She's not a big enough star yet to hurt the 007 focus. She is getting better at the action sequences, nothing a few different camera angles can't fix. Speaking of camera angles...she's pretty easy to look at, from any angle.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Diane Lane: Great actress who could pull off the seriousness and sultry thing, however, she'd have to cut out the vulnerability to come off more confident and tough.

Kelly Preston: Has the sexy sultry "bedroom"-smoldering eyes look down plus the confident and tough thing, but sometimes plays a ditz too much. If she could upscale her acting for the tough and confident thing with less ditz, perhaps.

Kate Beckinsale: Need we say more. And a british accent taboot!!

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
Um, I adore Kate, and have since Cold Comfort Farm, but if those two awful movies proved anything, they proved that action-adventure really isn't her thing at all. Not that she was given much to work with, granted, but she never seemed believable in an action sequence.
Are you forgetting she was absolutely stunning in her last two movies which were both in the action-adventure genre. Underworld and Van Helsing.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Are you forgetting she was absolutely stunning in her last two movies which were both in the action-adventure genre. Underworld and Van Helsing.
I don't think we've forgotten anything. We just think that she was stunningly atrocious.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Courtney Love, in full-on heroin binge mode.

BOND
So, you've been horse riding I see, Miss...?

LOVE
(throws up on Bond's shoes)
BLEECCH!

BOND
My name's Bond. James Bond.

LOVE
(string of incoherent babbling mixed with slurred vulgarities)

BOND
(moving in close)
Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? Keep that up and I'll have to wash it out...

LOVE
(throws up on Bond again)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks