What's new

NewsRadio Season 4 - Syndication Versions? (1 Viewer)

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I'm starting to suspect that some of the episodes on "NewsRadio: The Complete Fourth Season" might be syndication versions. Some of the episodes clock in at 21:30 or so, whereas the length for an NBC sitcom in 1997-8 was more like 22:30.

And in "Security Door," I think I spotted a line missing -- I'm pretty sure when I originally saw it, Matthew actually asked a question about a wizard, whereas in this print it cuts directly from Matthew saying he has a question to Dave answering the question.

Again, I don't want to jump to conclusions, but someone who has the original broadcasts should check this out and report back -- and in the meantime, caveat emptor.

Brad P

Stunt Coordinator
I think the original NBC airings of NewsRadio (save for season five) included a full opening credits sequence, while the syndicated versions rolled the credits over the first scene.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's the way that bit has always played out. Matthew never actually asks a question, and the humor stems from Dave having anticipated that a ridiculously left-field topic would come from Matthew - to the extent that he already has a visual aid to answer it. I can say that scene is definitely intact on the DVD set, after a comparison to my old tape of the original NBC broadcast. I don't think I still have enough intact episodes on tape to solve any running time discrepancies in general, though.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I am thrilled that there is only one season left of the show to put out to complete the series and we have completed the Hartman years.

NewsRadio has to be the only show outside of SEINFELD where I look at the episode list per disc and find one excellent episode after the other with no stinkers.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
You are not wrong. There were also a number of unique opening credits sequences with variations of shots of actors on the same locations for Season 4 which were lopped off in syndication and appear intact on the DVD.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks