What's new

News on Adire product changes. (1 Viewer)

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
If those are the actual prices Adire just priced themselves out of the DIY market. Who the heck is going to buy an 18" Maelstrom with 24mm of Xmax for $500 when you can get an Avalanche 18" with 27mm of Xmax AND XBL^2 for $400?

Sorry about the rant, I'd just be very disappointed if this was the case.:frowning:

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator

If you drag you mouse over the word SPEAKERS in the upper left hand corner it brings up a pull down menu with each line of drivers where it lists the specs and prices.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
I am a little more curious as to whats happening to thier Mains section, looks like right now all they are pushing is the Extremous 6.8, but I would love to see a replacement for the AV8s and the LLC.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Adire is changing their marketing focus. They are not selling directly any longer and are going to a dealer network. Because of that, new pricing needed to be established and that is the reason for the new MSRP's. As most know, when working with a dealer network MSRP and actual street pricing are different.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
Those are horrible sensitivities, I am so glad I have an "old school" tempest.

looks like time will tell what the "Street" prices will be.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Just for fun, I modeled (4) Tumult 18's in Unibox. Oh my! I was playing with them in a 3000 liter vented at about 13hz.

*Gasp* With 750w each the combined output was 120db at 10hz and over 127db from prolly 13hz and up.

Sorry guys if that isn't very interesting but when I finished modeling them I wanted to drop to the floor. Gawddamn I would like to have 4 or 8 eightteen inch Tumults.

Ooohhhh yeah!

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member

That's what I was thinking, but didn't quite want to post it, but since it's out in the open, I'm very surprised at the prices, especially given the low-cost manufacturing location (I assume the previous, less expensive drivers were made in the U.S., but I could be wrong - maybe they were made in Asia).

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
I wonder what the actual price-to-us will be for these drivers? I mean, it will probably be lower than the stated MSRPs, but how much lower?

BryanDO

Stunt Coordinator
If those prices are anywhere near the street price I'll be switching to Atlas for future projects. As many have said, I chose DIY for the price to performance ratio. For the same price, or cheaper than many of the subs, you could get a nice SVS sub if one were so inclined. I'm not saying this is the case, but it seems smaller companies who are customer conscientious always end up corrupting themselves by expanding into a high dollar company. It's just not the same when that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks