News about future Batman animated DVD's.

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Matthew Green, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

They were going to do a JL/TT crossover episode, but they couldn't decide which show to do it on so it never happened, which is probably for they better since it would have totally messed up the continuity then.

2. Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri Screenwriter

Bryan
  3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I'm even more excited for this set than for the new movie. Hoorah!!!!

4. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    So does this cover both the original Animated series and the New Adventures Eps? I seem to remember there wer equite a few of New Adventure eps I never saw including one with Jonah hex.

5. John Simon

John Simon Second Unit

Does this set finish off the original series, then? How many other series have there been? The only one I can think of is the "New Adventures". Anyone know how many eps of that exist?

6. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

Dave,

This set doesn't touch the TNBA episodes. I think this would leave one Batman Animated episode, then the rest of the TNBA episodes if the specs are correct. There were 24 TNBA episodes all together.

7. Ronald Hill

Ronald Hill Auditioning

While this set has some of my all-time favorite episodes, I am a bit disappointed by the bonus features. The first set was pretty slim in terms of extras, but the 2nd was a big improvement, so I'm surprised to see WHV opt for a lower amount of bonus material for the 3rd set. There's something called BTAS: The Collector's Edition that's coming out later in the year, so hopefully that will make up for this somewhat sparse release.

I'm also wondering what happened to Superman: The Animated Series. It looks like we'll have to wait for BTAS: Vol. 4 for STAS: Vol. 2. Still waiting on Justice League/Justice League Unlimited and Batman Beyond sets too.

8. Jonathan_Clarke

Jonathan_Clarke Second Unit

only one more set to go and Batman is complete!

Great news!

9. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

I've never heard of that. What is it? Is it going to be the same episodes as on volumes 1-3?

10. Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix Supporting Actor

I guess fewer special features were done so that the DVD could be released earlier. I don't mind, because now I'll be lucky enough to have DVD commenatries for my two favourite episodes of Batman: The Animated Series (Harley and Ivy, Read My Lips). I love the choices that the creators of the show have made for which episodes to do commentary on. Sure, more commentaries would be nice, but we should be grateful even for the little that we get.

11. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

The Jonah Hex episode is Showdown (written by Bubba Ho-Tep's Joe Lansdale, btw), which should be on this third set. I think what you mean is the Batman & Robin episodes, because the New Adventures were the ones produced for Kids WB with the revamped character designs.

12. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S

I too have not heard of the CE version. Is this just internet rumor or is there something substantial behind it?

13. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

Has there been any rumblings on when or if they might release Batman Beyond on DVD in volume sets like they are currently doing with Batman: The Animated Series...?

14. Jim Harvey

Jim Harvey Second Unit

Batman Beyond?

Maybe we'll hear some good news on that after Batman: The Animated Series - Volume Four comes out towards the end of the year.

15. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

That set has some of my favorites - the 2 Ventriloquist episodes,Bane plus Second Chance.[​IMG]

This should leave only The New Batman Adventures, (probablly due with the DVD release of Batman Begins)

16. Jim Harvey

Jim Harvey Second Unit

Don't forget about the WHV chat tomorrow night here at HTF. If you have questions about any/all animated DC DVDs, save them for tomorrow night! I'm hoping to see a big crowd of us animated DC fans in there!

17. Jim Harvey

Jim Harvey Second Unit

18. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

Which was totally pointless because WB had no reps from their animation dept there. Very dissapointing.

19. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    Does anyone think there's a chance that the old Filmation Batman series - you know, the one with Casey Kasem as Robin - will get a release at any point ? It must've been roughly the same time period as SUPERFRIENDS, wasn't it ?

20. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

I too wish they'd release all the Filmation DC superhero series, including Batman and Superman, but I doubt DC has worked out any rights issues with whoever currently owns the Filmation library as far as possible release of the shows is concerned.