What's new

News about Farscape Season 2 (R1) (1 Viewer)

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
You know, this is the one show that I really don't mind having to pay extra per episode to get. Not only are the transfers excellent (on my non-digital televisions, anyway), but the show itself is so worth it. I never thought there would be a tv show to take over Trek's top spot in my list of favorites, but Farscape definitely has.

Keith Helms

Stunt Coordinator
Just calm down
Hey, I'm calm. I've just gotten spoiled by season at a time sets like Star Trek the Next Generation, Buffy, and Stargate. Farscape can't be any more a niche item than Stargate, can it? Admittedly, they've been slow as hell coming out with Stargate seasons 2,3,4, and 5, but I've been happily picking those up from region 2 where they have 4 episodes on 1 disc for around U.S. $20. Come to think of it, I believe I saw R2 Farscape box sets for sale. Hmmmm.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Import Farscape boxes have the same approximate episode breakdown (5 2-disc boxes per season) as these new Season 2 sets that are coming to R1.

If you convert GBP to USD, the foreign sets are about $36.50 compared to $40 for the US sets. But if you buy the euro sets, you pay more shipping. Plus, discounts at release time are typically greater in the USA. Do not expect to save any money buying import sets. Expect to spend more money.

On the other hand, based on the intial pricing when Farscape first started coming out, the R1 price extrapolated to an average of $275 a season (MSRP). With the new Season 2 sets, that price is down to $200 a season (MSRP), but the discount is likely to be greater ($40 2-disc releases are typically discounted by a larger percent than $25 1-disc releases).

So much complaining, so little time.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
They may be cheaper. Volumes 8,9,and 10 went down in price compared to volumes 1-7. They went from $14.99 to $11.99 according to deepdiscountdvd.com. I can confirm that those last three were also cheaper at my local B&M.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
They may be cheaper. Volumes 8,9,and 10 went down in price compared to volumes 1-7.
Yes, MSRP went from $25 to $20.

The original pricing came out to $275 a season (11 discs, $25 each). Then, after the first price cut, if they had kept it up, it would have been $220 a season (still 2 episodes per disc, but $20 each). The new plan (5 2-disc sets, $40 each, $200 a season) is the best deal yet.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Since you can buy the current $20 MSRP discs for $13 at Best Buy, $25-$27 bucks for the two pack seems likely. ADV gives retailers a larger discount from what I understand, meaning they can discount more and still actually make something on them. I know I'll be buying them for sure.

Bryan

Stunt Coordinator
Star Trek, B5 and Farscape are my favorite Sci-Fi shows. If you got into B5 you'll deffinitly get into Farscape.

I haven't watched the second episode on the last disc they released because I've seen it, but I haven't seen the second part of that episode (which was the first episode of season 2).

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I like that cover. IMHO Farscape has had some of the nicest covers out there. That's why I haven't been belly-aching about custom covers for those big 5 and 6 DVD cases much.

Maybe someone can work on making the first season more in line with season 2 though. Keep half the cover designs and make them so they work with the 2 disc cases.

- Ric

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Ric, wait till you see my covers for the 6-disc cases

If anyone out there can provide me with a CLEAN scan of the Farscape logo, I'd really appriciate it. Capturing the logo and cleaning it up just isn't working

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks