What's new

Newbie to the forum, but this is my first love (1 Viewer)

Jason_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I am a newbie to the hometheaterforum and to the home theater phenomenom that i want to dive into. I have always loved car audio though and I have a mobile entertainment center in my car if anyone wants to view it just click on my www link.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Looks good Jason.

You have those amps covered up, any problem with heat ??

How do you have the floor above the amps reinforced to hold the weight of the sub box?

By the way WELCOME.

Brent

Jason_M

Stunt Coordinator
Never have I once had a problem with heat. I love JBL amps. We used to carry them and never had any issues with them at all. You can get them really cheap online now as well so I see them everywhere and everyone I talk to loves them. I have wooden supports under the false floor to help support it. The false floor is made up of 1/2 inch mdf so it's pretty sturdy. I have changed the subs again and now have 2 Infinity Reference 1230w's in a slot ported box tuned at 33hz. I think I am going to go with a single 12 inch Alpine Type R DVC to save some trunk space again.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Wow nice setup Jason. Is that a show car? I know even though I live and work in a nice area, there's no way I'd wanna park a car that hooked up anywhere ;)

Jason_M

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the kind feedback, but no it is not a show vehicle. I find it funny when I show people the car and they say where did you get it done and I say I did it myself. i tell them I work at Circuit City and we do it all the time. They are suprised to hear that, it's almost like all major retailers can't do anything nice like ma and pa shops. It's actually my daily driver. it dosen't have any exterior modifications so you don't really see it as having any possiblities on the inside. I love it though. I am insured so I don't worry too much. Here is a shot of a car we did recently. I have more pics if I can find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks