What's new

Newbie Sub Question (1 Viewer)

Miguel Bermudez

Auditioning
I currently have a sub setup, it is an Energy EXL-S10. I love it and am glad I purchased this particular one. It is setup with my Yamaha RX-V995. The rest of the speakers are JBL's. Everything sounds great but now for the dilemma.

A buddy gave me a Sub amp. He got two of them in a deal and he is planning to build a sub with an Adire Tempest driver. Since he had 2 of them he let me have one to experiment with. I hooked it up with an old bazooka tube I had (6 1/4) and it works pretty well. Anyway, I got the DIY bug and want to build one as well. My question is how do I work both subs into the picture. The Energy is only a year old so the wife would kill me if I just scrap it for the new one, and I am not going to sell it.

The amp is an Acoustic Research created by Sunfire Technology. It is rated at 500w RMS. He plans on setting it up as a bandpass.

My dilemma is that I have no real floor space to place a new sub unless I go from our bedroom closet through the wall behind the entertainment center, which is what he plans for his home.

So I have 3 questions:

1- How do I make this sub and still operate both, feasible, worth it?

2- With 2 subs should I get the Tempest or Shiva?

3- What is the best way to accomplish this? Box type, Run through wall ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks