What's new

newbie question on media players that support 4ktv (1 Viewer)

haihaowu

Auditioning
Real Name
Haihao
Hi,

I am starting a hobby project: using a 4ktv (thinking about the 50" Seiki) as a picture frame in the family room. I am an amateur photographer and have lots of family/travel photos I'd like to loop at a low frequency (e.g., 1 min/picture).

For this purpose, 30Hz refresh rate on the Seiki @2160 resolution is fine. But the stock photo app on the TV was said to be rather crude. I'd like to attach a miniPC (ideally with an android OS so that I can leverage the existing android photo frame apps) at the back of the TV. After several hours of searching for a media player that can drive 4k resolution, I found numerous android tv boxes that claim they could decode 4K but only output 1080p. :P I could go with a full blow PC but it will be much less desirable than an embedded system route. Would appreciate any suggestion.

Many thanks,

Haihao

haihaowu

Auditioning
Real Name
Haihao
I was just told that this new Tronsmart box can output 4k content. From the review: "The Tronsmart vega s89 support the real 4K*2K output, (of course, 1080p output is no problem). I have tested with the real 4K TV, and change the resolution to 4K*2K, and the TV also detect the resolution is 4K*2K."

I preordered one. Will post how it works out after I get the box.

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2014/03/26/product-review-tronsmart-vega-s89-amlogic-s802-quad-core-android-4-4-kitkat-tv-box-review/#.UzRNa6h5Pp1[

bradyreed

Auditioning
Real Name
Audiovideoking
Hi guys, I am newbie in this forum and feel happy to be part of it. I was looking for the similar thing too. Thanks for post this question. Help us guys :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks