What's new

Newbie having problems (1 Viewer)

redlabelrocks

Auditioning
Real Name
john
I know DVI doesn't carry audio. I simply connected it to make sure that I was getting video to the tv. Basic trouble shooting 101.
How will I not get audio the way its set up now? it's patched into the AVR, and it seemed like it was producing sound a few seconds ago.
As far as the coax goes, I don't know haven't tried that yet. You suggested that I get the DVI cable, and never mentioned anything about the coax cable so I didn't try it.
It's a Sony BDP-S1100 Blue ray/dvd player
As to reading the owners manuals, I have read them which is why I signed up for this forum because the manuals were NOT a great source of info. I know how to hook things up, I know that there are setups for things, but if you can't get to that screen to see them......what are you supposed to do?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You need to get the AVR connected to the TV with the HDMI-DVI cable.

You need to press setup on the remote for the 375.

When you do that, a menu pops up with all your choices.

The only snag is if you actually have to "turn on" the HDMI output. IF that is the case, run a composite from the 375 to the TV as well. Typically if the AVR "needs to have the HDMI output turned on" the menu is available via composite and component.

redlabelrocks

Auditioning
Real Name
john
Still not having any luck with this. Think I'm just going to chuck the Blueray and go back to my older dvd player with RCA outs on it. Seems to be the easiest way to be able to watch a movie at this time.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Until you get to the on screen setup, you'll continue not getting it to do anything. Maybe return this for an Onkyo. Onkyo are the easiest to figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks