What's new

Newbie but very willing to learn (1 Viewer)

sdguy55

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam
Hello all i am new to home audio but not a stranger to car audio.

I had just a few questions and was hoping to get some answers. The system i have now is an older Denon reciever powering a Harmon/Kardon box set (its silver/gray) And i have it set up so that all the speakers are right in front of me. The reason being is cause i use the setup to mostly listen to music and not movies. But the setup isnt loud enough for me (go figure)
My thoughts right now are. I need/want a amplifier. Any ideas on this?
I am definatly needing another sub the one i have now is a 10" 100w one and it does ok but i just need some more punch.
If you guys could maybe suggest better speakers or if i should go with some floorstanding ones please fill me in i am here to learn. I just really want a good system for music right now.
I live in an apartment right now so space is kind of an issue but noise isnt really.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
What Denon are you running? Off the top of my head I'm presuming your problem isn't the receiver? Maybe settings coupled with your speakers and sub.

sdguy55

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam
Well there isnt really a problem with the system. The Denon receiver is about 10 years old. I got it at a pawn shop. My budget is looking to be around 200 bucks. Which i have been doing a lil research and that is looking to be bottom of the barrel type stuff for home audio...car audio was so much cheaper :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks