What's new

Newbie advice needed for TV & DVD Player setup (1 Viewer)

JosephLD

Auditioning
Greetings,

I need some advice on setting up my TV & DVD player that I got recently.

TV: Sony Wega 27" KV-27FS100
Recent gift from my parents. Replaced a 20" Sylvania Mono TV with built-in VHS.

DVD Player: Liteon LVD-2001
Just received it this week. I bought it because it can be made region-free and can play divx files & svcds. Replaced a Apex 500u that I gave to my sister along with the tv.

I don't plan on getting cable as I don't watch what's on TV too often. I'll mainly be using the tv to watch my movies & anime on dvd, and anime on cds in divx format. I have Dreamcast that'll be occasionally used and my brother will probably bring over his X-Box whenever he visits.

I'd appreciate any advice I could get.
What cables I should use and where to buy it?
Should I go S-video or Component?
And does anyone know the specs for the TV? I've tried searching for them, but I can't find out the resolution for it.
I'm not sure on the terminology, but is it progressive or interlaced?

adamKI

Stunt Coordinator
You can get the manual for your TV here (right click the link and select "save target as").

According to the manual, that TV is only capable of 480i through the component inputs (page 6) - no progressive scan there, so S-video and component will probably look very similar. IMHO, it's still worth it to try both and see which you like better.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The FS- and FV-series WEGAs are interlaced, NTSC-only sets. Only 480i is possible. But use component-video connections whenever possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks