What's new

Newb Needs TV Purchase Recommendation (1 Viewer)

Kevin-M

Agent
Hey guys, I'm new 'round these parts. I joined up because I'm soon going to be purchasing a high-quality television and I know you're the guys to turn to for recommendations.

Basically, I'm open to any suggestions. The only caveats I have is I'm looking to spend around $2700 canadian at most. For americans, prices don't simply translate based on the current exchange rate, i.e. a tv you could get for $2300 american I could probably get for $2600 canadian. Other than that though, I'm open to any brand, and any size of tv(although price limits me to about 50-inch and under presumably). I'm hoping to get a widescreen, although a 4:3 display is fine too if it really blows me away(like Sony's 40-inch XBR's, although those are too pricey).

The sets I've already done a lot fo research into are Toshiba's 34-inch Cinema Series widescreens(the new 34HFX83) and many of Sony's 50-inch RPT widescreen displays. But as I said, I'm open to any suggestions, so fire away. Any thoughts you guys have would be great!

Kevin-M

Agent
*bump*

You guys do talk about displays around here right?

No suggestions, from anyone?!?

Robert Wainwright

Stunt Coordinator
Well, quite a bit is personal choice and your budget. Shop around, do not go to only one store. Research on sites like hometheaterspot.com keohi.com and avsforum.com. Bigger does not always translate into better.

Personally, I went for a Pioneer Elite (a little pricer than most and out of your range) but as soon as I hooked it up, I knew I made the right choice.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi
you have lots of choses.
for starters pick a size and also choose tube or rptv

keep us posted

gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks