What's new

NEW Zelda GBA - is this true? (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And if so, why don't you people report on these things? :)

Here's text from a website called Zelda Forever:

New Zelda GBA Game Announced!
Posted by: link3505 on Wednesday , February 26

IGN announced that "Nintendo game designers Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma confirmed that a whole new Zelda game for Game Boy Advance is already well underway." The title of this game is undecided, and without screenshots, or anything of that sort, nothing is knows about this game, exept that it may be shown at LA's E3 2003 in May. The game itself has actually been underway since 2001, but was set aside for the Link to the Past/Four Swords. This game, too, is also being developed in part by Capcom, the same people that helped with the Oracle games for GBC, Ages and Seasons, as well as LTTP/Four Swords. This will be Zelda's first *TRUE* title for the GBA system. Unfortunatley, as I said before, nothing else is known at this time. Stay tuned for more info!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
More news, from Zelda Universe, in an article dated March 3, 2003:

We already know that the new Capcom-developed Zelda game for the GameBoy Advance will be showcased at E3, but now Miyamoto himself has spilled the beans for sure: The next Zelda game for the GameCube will be revealed at this year's E3 Convention in Los Angeles, May this year. Yes it is true, and Zelda Universe will of course have be represented at the convention, meaning that we will give you all the latest news on this new game, as soon is it is revealed.
:eek:

Things are moving swiftly in the Zelda world! Another GC Zelda already? I know Miyamoto has kind of hinted that the next game would not take so long to follow Wind Waker, but they already have something to show? Amazing. This bodes well for rumors that a Majora's Mask bonus disc will be released with the next game.

Oh, and you'll notice the above gives further confirmation on the new GBA game. I assume this will be an overhead adventure, which is great. We get the best of both worlds here.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Miyamoto said a while ago that Nintendo was dissatisfied with how slow games came out for their last console and said that might have been a reason why it was unsuccessful (overall). To fix this, they're releasing more games from their series. Right now, they're making multiple Mario/Zelda games as well as other stuff, like the Mario sports games and Pikmin.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
I've heard the rumor about a new GBA Zelda on a number of sites Greg, I assumed it had been brought up here, sorry ;). But now you know! And knowing is half the battle...

New GC Zelda is good news too. As long as they can keep the quality of the games high and not sacrifice, I'm all for more frequent title releases. The one game I'm most curious about that hasn't been mentioned at all lately is the RPG Camelot's rumored to be working on for the Cube.

I don't care if it's just Golden Sun Cube (actually, from what I hear, that'd probably be a pretty good deal) but a little more RPG loving would be nice. Then again, the possibility of a decent FF game is out there...

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
And knowing is half the battle...
LOL! I guess I'm not the only one who still uses that phrase.

I would assume that another GC Zelda wouldn't hit the shelves until holiday 2004 or early 2005. I also remember reading a roundtable with Miyamoto where he stated that while the Windwaker engine was "suitable" for this game because Link was a child, it might not be "appropriate" for Link as an adult. I have to wonder if the tech demo featuring Link and Ganon fighting wasn't just for show...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have to wonder if the tech demo featuring Link and Ganon fighting wasn't just for show...
It was. Miyamoto said in another interview that the groundwork used in that tech demo could be used to make a game, but that it was made simply for THAT tech demo.

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
It would be pretty phenomenal if they were able to get 2 Zeldas with completely different engines released during the Cube's lifespan.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Why am I suddenly having GI Joe flashbacks? :laugh:

For those of you who--like me--first played OOT on the GameCube, you really need to hope the Majora's Mask bonus disc becomes a reality. What a glorious game. Maybe even better than OOT. I just recently finished, and will be going back into it real soon.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It's not a movie, I think it was from the GDC conference or the IAIS one, might have been on GameSpot or Gamers.com.

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
Why am I suddenly having GI Joe flashbacks?
You know, I caught an episode on Cartoon Network and was completely amazed at just how inept G.I. Joe was at fighting terrorism. They would easily lose their funding in the "real" world.:D

As for the Zelda "tech demo," it hit the web when the Gamecube was announced and has clips of Mario Kart as well. IGN or Gamespot probably still has it somewhere.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
I'm all for Nintendo pumping out more games, but...

I'd rather have one really good Zelda (for example) game, than two mediocre ones.

So, if they can keep the quality up, than I'm all for it. :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather have one really good Zelda (for example) game, than two mediocre ones
That's pretty much Nintendo's philosophy about games. That's why they used to take so long to release games. Now they're developing multiple games at once and taking a long time to do each game to make sure they come out right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks