What's new

New York Stories is not OAR! (1 Viewer)

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
I never had this title on LD, and took a gamble on the DVD. My retailer shipped it early, and it is a full frame transfer.

I was expecting this from Buena Vista's budget line, but held out a little bit of hope because it's not a "family" film, which they seem to butcher more often.

I guess I'll try to return it using the Buena Vista customer satisfaction guarantee.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Whoa...really!?! A movie that contains three short films by Woody Allen, Martin Scorsese and Francis Ford Coppola and it's not in OAR?

No sale! :thumbsdown:

PatrickL

Deceased Member
That's a disgrace. Thanks for the warning, Tim; I can cancel my preorder now.

Now, I'm off to search in other regions, to see if this has been released properly somewhere else.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Boooooooooooooooooooooooo. Studio of the year, my butt. I can't believe they didn't push for OAR on this of all releases.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
THIS SUCKS!
But isn't this Touchstone Pictures? Disney has been doing alot of non-16x9 stuff with Touchstone films.

I know one Woody Allen fan who is going to be highly P.O.'ed(Jason Whyte:))

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
You'd think the names Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola and Woody Allen would command more respect than this! I was really looking forward to this release, but now it means nothing to me. This is a movie that has more appeal for film buffs than the average joe, so what was Disney thinking?

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
This is ridiculous. Who are the marketing experts that would deems this title of all titles to be P&S. I have never seen this film, but was seriously considering picking it up, but not now. You would think that the major names involved and the type of film that it is, would lead these "Experts" to know this is a cult film that is supported by "That OAR Cult"

No Sale!!!:angry: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :angry:

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
How many times, how many times? Not even worth commenting anymore. Simply par for the course for "the DVD Studio of the Year".

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the heads up Tim. I just canceled my pre-order. I can't understand why they wouldn't release this film in it's oar. It's pretty obvious that the directors had no say in the release of this dvd or were not asked.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Well, I have to wonder if they're also going to screw up Tom & Viv and Zentropa? :frowning: *sigh*

- Walter.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I just cancelled my pre-order. I was going to buy this sight-unseen. Not now.

Instead I'll probably just eventually rent it from Netflix or something. I'd like to see the movie, but I don't see the point in purchasing a bastardized version.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Re: Cancellation of Zentropa

I honestly don't know if that is good news or bad news given the schizophrenic nature of Buena Vista releases. It is pretty frickin' sad that films like these get treated in this fashion. New day, same pathetic crap from Buena Vista.

- Walter.

BarrieT

Auditioning
So it's safe to assume Scenes From A Mall likely will be desecrated as well? :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks