What's new

New Year''s Eve - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
As a companion piece to "Valentine's Day," Gary Marshall's "New Year's Eve" is a rather inert piece of filmmaking, and the final resolution of the tangetial relationships of the criss-crossing subplots didn't quite hit the spot for me for many of the characters, so it's pretty much a miss, but you pretty much know what you're in for if you've seen the earlier film. I don't even know what they were thinking in how they resolved the Josh Duhamel's character's subplot, it doesn't make any sense. Hilary Swank's character's subplot was also "meh". Just a lot of average screenwriting. I give it 2 stars, or a grade of C.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Valentine's Day could be the single most mediocre film I've ever seen. Not good; not horrible; just incredibly blah. "If we cast enough stars, we won't have to worry about writing a story that works."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What's even sadder is that there is 4 Oscars (2 by Swank, 1 by Deniro, 1 by Berry) in the cast, and they are saddled with pretty poor subplots. But that being said, it's perfectly mediocre holiday viewing with other family members. Heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks