What's new

New X-box magazine-the next issue big news (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Just recieved next months X-box mag. It has Starcraft Ghost on the cover. Some cool sneak peeks of ghost, ghoolies, ninja gainde, rainbow six and some others. All around a good issue

The one thing that peaked my intrest is at the end where it says coming next month

WORLD EXCLUSIVE on the biggest xbox news since Halo 2

Smaller system? , wireless controllers? new hit game? smaller system with wireless controllers and new hit game? :) We will all have to wait and see

James St

Supporting Actor
A rechargeable bluetooth controller with a docking station? Or maybe a re-release of Halo with XBL support.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Some 'Grand Theft Auto' title?

Hosted gameplay for XBox Live games?

A decent steering wheel? :)

Online virtual sex?

I have to guess some kind of exclusive title. There's no way they could get a scoop on a aquisition before the public knew.

Or maybe a re-release of Halo with XBL support.
That might be an easy reverse-port since the PC version has online. But it could cannibalize Halo 2 sales. That's also my theory on why they didn't hold Brute Force for 3 or 4 more months and add Live play.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
A few things you guys metioned

1-there is some new splinter cell 2 info in this issue. Nothing huge
2-There is no Halo 1.5 . The head of microsoft gaming says so in this issue. It was just a rumor. Nothing new for halo until 2 comes out
3-As much as i love the series Shen-mue III and jet set online arent exactly "Big as Halo 2"

capt

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm placing my bets on GTA. They were really talking it up in this issue, so it seems like a likely candidate.

I'd rather it was wireless controllers though.

-Dave

EdR

Second Unit
I'm not too familiar with any gaming magazines, but is it typical for a print mag to have the scoop on something 'big' before it's out on the net?

In most industries, this is pretty rare these days, the net is usually the place to find out about anything first.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
Given their official status and tie with Microsoft, I think it's plausable they could be the first one to release some Xbox news...

That said, I'm sure it's a teaser and won't live up to the hype of being the biggest thing since Halo 2.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I'm changing my mind. I bet it's Half-Life 2. Considering how it suddenly appeared for the PC, perhaps a similar unveiling could take place for the Xbox.

-Dave

EugeneR

Second Unit
What would be the big deal about wireless controlers? Plenty on the market. Do you mean standard? Not going to do much for current owners.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Half Life 2 or Doom III would be great news...especially if they said it was coming this year. But Halo 2 by Christmas would be a godsend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks