New World DC apparently not on the schedule for HD in 06

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Paul_Scott, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

according to the latest article in Home Media Retailing , New Line plans to wait until early 07 to being releasing titles, starting with New releases first and then slowly adding in catalog titles. I would take this to mean that the rumoured expanded cut of The New World will NOT be seeing a HD release in the 4th Q.
    [​IMG] very disappointing. should have just gotten the sd version when it was on sale I guess.

other news from the same article-
    only 10 more Paramount titles this year
    about 35-50 more Warner titles (quite a difference compared to that list that was leaked earlier in the year and which had so far proven to be fairly accurate)
    and Universal will have a total of 60 titles on the shelf at the close of '06.

2. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Paul, I thought New Line was releasing fims during the 4th Quarter of 2006?

3. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

that's what I thought too, but apparently not. Seems pretty stupid to me to wait until after the big selling season, but this could due to a few factors- uncertainty over just what effect the PS3 will have; a bottleneck in the replication lines; or who knows what.

I never really expected LOTR this early, but this also means no HD edition of Dark City for a while either. But by far one of the ones I was most looking forward to was The New World.