What's new

New werewolf movie in the making. (1 Viewer)

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
Well, I know there is some werewolf fans in here. Thought I'd let you in on something. There is a new werewolf movie in the making and the director is asking the fans how the werewolf should look like.

This is the page

http://www.calypso-blue.com/ultimatewerewolf/

And this is the forum.

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/index.php

Oh, and don't worry about the characters at the page. They won't look like that.

The director will provide updates and other information as it becomes available.

oh... the Director is Anthony Brownrigg.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
First of all: The world needs more good werewolf movies. But based on the rumors of the "forum" its looking like this will be another CG monster crasp-fest (examples: Darkwolf, Project metalbeast, Bloodmoon, etc). Of course the rumours could be wrong........

Personally I'm fond of parts 1 and 3 of the "Ginger Snaps" films for the best serious attempt at a werewolf movie (finally doing away with the retarded silver bullet idea). But both The Howling and an American Werewolf in London were excellant macabre-comedies. :emoji_thumbsup:

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit

This is where you come in. Voice your opinion. ;)

edit.

Forgot to mention. This movie will be werewolves only. No vampires, ETC. Also, rumor has it that these werewolves won't be the "bad guy." Well, not all of them. Not sure what the plot is yet.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else see that Howling sequel about marsupial werewolves in Australia, with female werewolves containing pouches with baby werewolves? Man, if that wasn't the biggest load of crap of all time...

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
HOWLING III was a masterpiece compared to the seventh and final film in the series, which featured at least an hour of footage of people line dancing in a country bar.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Earlier this year I finshed off THE HOWLING series after about 14 years trying to do so. When I was around 10 my dad rented me the first two movies. I loved the first but hated the second so much that I refused to rent any of the others. I finished them off this year and without question, this is the worst horror series in history. Part 3 was :star::star: decent but the rest were pretty bad.

However, I can't wait to get MGM's SE of part 2 just to relive how bad it was.

BTW, I thought Wes Craven was doing a werewolf film or was that canceled???

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I believe it's called "Cursed" and is still coming sometime, even if it's direct-to-video.

I always liked the look of the werewolf in Bad Moon. :eek:

It should look nothing like the so-called werewolf in Harry Potter...Azkaban which looked more like a kangaroo, or a fugitive from the aforementioned Howling: Marsupials.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Werewolf... an interesting mythical creature that Hollywood seems unable to turn into interesting movies or concepts.

That said, Lon Chaney Jr.'s turn in The Wolf Man is still one of my favorite guilty pleasures at Halloween. In my opinion, the makeup job in this one is the only time I have been convinced of a man turned into a wolf. Most of the rest of the attempts have looked downright weird. :D

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Having grown up in the 50's when Saturday afternoons were usually spent at the local theater watching those werewolf, dracula and frankenstien movies, I jump at most chances I get to see a werewolf movie.... It's like it takes me back to that era when a good scare was so GOOD....

Looking forward to any good werewolf offering......

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Man, no love for Dog Soldiers in here :frowning:. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination but it's one hell of an entertaining werewolf flick if you ask me and I enjoyed it enough to give it a purchase. The werewolf effects are also very well done IMHO.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit

Dog Soldiers was ok. I have the DVD myself. There was no transformation scene in it. The guy was hiding behind the table, then up comes a werewolf. Talk about low budget.

The Cursed trailer is now out.
http://progressive.stream.aol.com/ao...trlr_01_dl.mov

One thing I hate about the Cursed trailer is the wall climbing. Since when werewolves climb the walls? I hate that. Vampires and Spiderman does that. Not werewolves. Give me a F***ing break. There is allot of hollywood nonsence going into the werewolf films.

The film thats being worked on is going to be different. It was going to be a straight to DVD film. Turns out its going to hit the theaters. They decided to rewrite the script based on the werewolf fans ideas and suggestions.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

There are plenty of low budget films that hold thier own against thier higher budget cousins. I don't need a to see a transformation to know it happens. Sometimes a low budget can force the makers of the film to try for subtlety instead of "in your face" type of effects. That can be more effective IMHO and lack of a transformation scene (or a low budget) didn't hurt my enjoyment of Dog Soldiers.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
This is kind of a long shot since the story has only been optioned and hasn't actually gone into production yet, but last February it was reported that Lauren Moews, who produced Cabin Fever, is supposedly working on an adaptation of Karl Edward Wagner's Reflections for the Winter of My Soul, which is a Kane story about werewolves (Kane being sort of a cross between Conan, the Biblical Cain, and Melmoth the Wanderer, for those not familiar with him).

I still need to see Dog Soldiers and Ginger Snaps. They've been in my Netflix queue forever :)

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
Ok, here is an update on this film. The story will be told from the werewolf's point of view. Now thats something you don't see every day!!

Now, there will be 3 forms in this film. Full wolf, Human, and gestalt. Gestalt will be the bipedal werewolf form. Oh!! The older werewolves can shift at any time while the young ones have no control over it. They have to learn to control it over time.

There should be a least 8 werewolves in the film. Maybe more. Also there should be 3 transformation scenes.

The working title for this film is "Freeborn." Keep an eye out for it in Fangoria in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks