What's new

New Warner Hammer Titles in 2004 (1 Viewer)

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
According to DVD Drive-In:

Warner Home Video has confirmed to DVD Drive-In that next year will see the release of three Hammer horror classics from their vaults: DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE, FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED and TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA. And the fantastic news is that Warner told DVD Drive-In, 'We've confirmed that our DVD for TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA is the complete, 95-minute uncut version of the film" and that "we are pleased that fans will be happy with this release.' More details to follow in the coming months.

Real Name
Anthony
Anchor Bay will also be releasing re-packaged double-sets of their previous Hammer releases before their licence runs out.
For details on which ones are paired with which, see the comprehensive guide to all Hammer films releases at www.zetaminor.com - an excellent resource.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Yes, I read that this morning, and I placed my order for all ten sets with DVD Empire shortly thereafter. That scream you hear is my wallet crying out for mercy. :)

I did notice that not all of Anchor Bay Entertainment's Hammer Horror Collection titles were include. For example, Lust For A Vampire is not amongst the titles. Does anyone know if all ABE Hammer licenses are expiring, or just the ones included in these two packs?

Oh, and that bring up another interesting question, are these two packs, meaning two DVDs with their own cases, etc. as before, or double-features, like Poltergiest II/Poltergiest III?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Paul
Only the ones listed are expiring with Anchor Bay. They will be re-released in the future by Blue Underground with newly remastered prints and hopefully better special features. I'm holding off for these as about half of these titles are currently not anamorphic.
The other Hammer titles released by Anchor Bay are still owned by them.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Courtesy DigitalBits.com .........

"Warner will release Back to Bataan, Battleground and Flying Leathernecks on May 4th (SRP $19.97 each). On April 27th, look for Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed, Dracula Has Risen from the Grave, Taste the Blood of Dracula, and the Hammer Horror Collection (a 6-disc set with the three titles we just mentioned, along with Curse of Frankenstein, Horror of Dracula and The Mummy). Also coming on April 27th are Dr. Who: The Curse of Fenric and Dr. Who: The Two Doctors."

:emoji_thumbsup: :)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Good news indeed, I shall be picking these up. I have recently gotten into Hammer films. I already have warners other 3 releases, so unless that box has more to it, I'll just be getting the new 3.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
QUATERMASS IN THE PIT Anamorphic from BU, or so I read somewhere, and I imagine many others.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Boy is Anchor Bay going downhill with it's catalog. They're losing all their titles!

Great to see that Warner is releasing more Horror on DVD, especially since it's Hammer. I have great hopes for their Halloween promotion.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I have great hopes for their Halloween promotion.
As do I, when I first heard about these three new Warner Hammer titles, I figured they were for their Halloween promotion. Now that I know they are to tie-in with Van Helsing, I'm hoping that not only is Van Helsing good, but that it do well at the box office so Warner and other studios try more Hammer tie-ins come October.

Oh, and, yes, I think I will be buying these three! ;)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait for the 3 new Hammers. Hopefully Taste the Blood will be the uncut version that was rumored to be coming out.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
A lot of Anchor Bay's catalog was licensed through Bill Lustig. When he set up Blue Underground, many of these titles went with him, or will do so when the AB licenses expire. So AB will definitely not be the force for genre films in the future that it once was, but on the bright side Blue Underground hasn't seriously messed up a disc yet (I'm not counting the issues with the fragile cases on the Mondo Collection, since that was a surprise issue of the interaction with the shrinkwrap, and they are offering replacement cases).

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
Although the cover art is really sharp, I hope Warner does add an extra a piece to these. A Christopher Lee commentary would be very nice if any. As to Blue Underground I'll see what they offer with Final Countdown and then I'll/We'll see how good they are, transfer and all.
Until then, if the rereleased AB titles are done differently and better(New picture maybe and tottally new extras plus port over the old ones) ,than I'd buy them again. I just think the Warner and Columbia released Hammer titles need the SE treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks