New Warner Hammer Titles in 2004

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Matt.Koz, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Matt.Koz

Matt.Koz Stunt Coordinator

Matt Kozlowski
    According to DVD Drive-In:

2. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    Anchor Bay will also be releasing re-packaged double-sets of their previous Hammer releases before their licence runs out.
    For details on which ones are paired with which, see the comprehensive guide to all Hammer films releases at www.zetaminor.com - an excellent resource.

3. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

What happened to Dracula: A.D. 1972??

4. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    CORRECTION !!

The Hammer double-sets will be available from November 25th THIS year. See www.dvdfile.com for details.

5. EdwardKarlinski

EdwardKarlinski Stunt Coordinator

6. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John

Works here.

---
    So many films, so little time...

7. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    Site must have been offline for redesign. Try again.

8. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

Yes, I read that this morning, and I placed my order for all ten sets with DVD Empire shortly thereafter. That scream you hear is my wallet crying out for mercy. [​IMG]

I did notice that not all of Anchor Bay Entertainment's Hammer Horror Collection titles were include. For example, Lust For A Vampire is not amongst the titles. Does anyone know if all ABE Hammer licenses are expiring, or just the ones included in these two packs?

Oh, and that bring up another interesting question, are these two packs, meaning two DVDs with their own cases, etc. as before, or double-features, like Poltergiest II/Poltergiest III?

9. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Paul
    Only the ones listed are expiring with Anchor Bay. They will be re-released in the future by Blue Underground with newly remastered prints and hopefully better special features. I'm holding off for these as about half of these titles are currently not anamorphic.
    The other Hammer titles released by Anchor Bay are still owned by them.

10. AlanBrom

AlanBrom Second Unit

Is this been confirmed Randy? If so, the future Blue Underground releases should be incredible.

11. Paul Arnette

Any idea on how soon we might see these?

12. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

Courtesy DigitalBits.com .........

"Warner will release Back to Bataan, Battleground and Flying Leathernecks on May 4th (SRP $19.97 each). On April 27th, look for Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed, Dracula Has Risen from the Grave, Taste the Blood of Dracula, and the Hammer Horror Collection (a 6-disc set with the three titles we just mentioned, along with Curse of Frankenstein, Horror of Dracula and The Mummy). Also coming on April 27th are Dr. Who: The Curse of Fenric and Dr. Who: The Two Doctors."

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

Good news indeed, I shall be picking these up. I have recently gotten into Hammer films. I already have warners other 3 releases, so unless that box has more to it, I'll just be getting the new 3.

14. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

QUATERMASS IN THE PIT Anamorphic from BU, or so I read somewhere, and I imagine many others.

15. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

Boy is Anchor Bay going downhill with it's catalog. They're losing all their titles!

Great to see that Warner is releasing more Horror on DVD, especially since it's Hammer. I have great hopes for their Halloween promotion.

16. Paul Arnette

17. Paul Arnette

18. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Can't wait for the 3 new Hammers. Hopefully Taste the Blood will be the uncut version that was rumored to be coming out.

19. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

A lot of Anchor Bay's catalog was licensed through Bill Lustig. When he set up Blue Underground, many of these titles went with him, or will do so when the AB licenses expire. So AB will definitely not be the force for genre films in the future that it once was, but on the bright side Blue Underground hasn't seriously messed up a disc yet (I'm not counting the issues with the fragile cases on the Mondo Collection, since that was a surprise issue of the interaction with the shrinkwrap, and they are offering replacement cases).

20. Tim_P_76

Tim_P_76 Second Unit

Although the cover art is really sharp, I hope Warner does add an extra a piece to these. A Christopher Lee commentary would be very nice if any. As to Blue Underground I'll see what they offer with Final Countdown and then I'll/We'll see how good they are, transfer and all.
    Until then, if the rereleased AB titles are done differently and better(New picture maybe and tottally new extras plus port over the old ones) ,than I'd buy them again. I just think the Warner and Columbia released Hammer titles need the SE treatment.