What's new

New U2 DVD on it's Way (1 Viewer)

BrianCC

Grip
Can anyone really sit through over an hour of just listening to someone saying "Go, camera 2. Stand by 8. Go to 8. Stand by 4. Go to 4...."
Believe it or not, I've done just that. [GEEK ALERT!] As a wannabe director, I found it fascinating to compare the live edit with the final edit. And of course, Hamish's reaction during the opening of Streets is worth the cost of the DVD. :)

Max S

Auditioning
The wife and I are so looking forward to this U2 DVD. We were lucky enough to be at the first concert at Slane. It was absolutely the best U2 concert I had seen live (sadly no Red Rock too young). Bono had buried his dad the morning of the first concert, and needless to say it was a kick ass tribute. I will be anxious to see and hear this second night considering how charged and emotional the first one was. By the way, there were over 100,000 at the first one. One word "nuts". Hope we all enjoy.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

I usually do too, but for the Elevation tour, I was lucky enough to experience half of the shows I saw from inside the heart, so the DVD matches those memories just fine...

PeterKelly

Agent
Real Name
Peter Kelly
Breaking from @u2.com:

If promotional material being circulated to retail outlets in the U.S. is an indication, there will be two versions of the upcoming DVD U2 Go Home - Live From Slane Castle released. The material suggests a "Limited Edition Digipack" version will be released with a $26.98 (USD) suggested retail price, as well as the "Standard Edition Jewel Case" version with a $19.98 (USD) suggested price. We don't have any details yet on what extras (if any) might be included in the limited edition release, but we'll update here as soon as we do.

JamesY

Stunt Coordinator
It's been awhile, and I'm really looking forward to this release....but does anyone know the difference between the two versions?

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
I hope they don't feel the need to charge us an extra $5 just for a digipak instead of a jewel case...I believe the recent Coldplay release sold both "sizes" for the same retail price....

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I got a screener that is defintiely just one disc. It came sans packaging, so I can't state if it's supposed to be in a digipak or a jewel case. I CAN say that the press release with it makes no mention of a limited edition version. Dunno if Amazon made a mistake or what's up with this, but I thought I'd share what I have.

PS - I've not had a chance to watch the DVD yet - plodding through the Alien and Two Towers sets so everything else is back-burnered. As such, I can't comment on anything else about it...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
According to a few different U2 fansites that have been reliable in the past, both releases have exactly the same content, just with different packaging.

JamesY

Stunt Coordinator
In case any of you are still interested, after surfing around, I found that the two different editions of the disc are explained in this review here:

U2 Go Home - Live From Slane Castle Review

Basically, ~$4 bucks more for a the Limited Edition digipack, like the "Boston" and "Best of" sets.

As for the content (which I'm more excited for) besides that review, this page has some good screenshots:

Slane Castle preview

Blah on the cheap case issue :thumbsdown:, but looking forward to this release :emoji_thumbsup: !

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Any Region 1 reviews yet?
Mine went up today - here it is!

Bottom line: better looking product than Elevation, and also a better show. Probably not worth a double-dip for casual fans, but those with greater interest in U2 will want it. It's also the better choice for someone who owns neither - it's definitely the superior product...

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I didn't get Elevation, so I will be getting this one. The setlist sounds good, but I my favorite U2 song, Bad, was not played. I do, however, have the excelellent performance on Rattle and Hum.

What a day! Dave Matthews Band Central Park Concert, U2 Slane, and LOTR: TT EE!

Josh Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
Is this only a 1 disc release? I thought i had heard this was going to be a 2 disc set, but the one i got only has 1 disc. I havent put it in yet as i want to confirm if it is only supposed to have 1 disc before i leave work as i will return it on my way home.

Thanks!

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
It's one disc, and a good one at that.

Anamorphic widescreen, Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1, as well as an uncompressed PCM stereo mix, plus the bonus track and the 30-minute 1984 documentary of the recording of "The Unforgettable Fire."

This DVD is $14.99 at Best Buy this week, regardless of which package you buy it in. After this week, the Digipak will be a couple bucks more.

Paul James

Stunt Coordinator
I have had the DVD for a few days now. I am a little bit disappointed with the DVD overall, the concert is good but as it was also part of the 'Elevation' tour it's too much like the 'Boston' DVD with an extremely similar set list etc.

I am a huge U2 fan and hope they can release some earlier concerts like the Popmart & ZOOtv tours.

Paul

Josh Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies!!!

Was nervous there for a second.

I too agree on the ZooTV and Popmart DVDs. unfortunatley according the Dreamchaser (the company that produced them) there are no plans for these releases anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks