What's new

New TV with audio set-up problems (1 Viewer)

GatorTom

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom Huberty
Greetings everyone from Northwest Florida
Just set up my new Sony 46" HX 750 and am amazed at the picture and initially the sound which was played through my Sony DVD/Video S-Master 5.1 Channel Full Digital Amplifier Model HCD S500 or through the TV speakers. I receive cable television through Cox Cable via a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4240 HDC cable box with an HDMI cable port in the back, in addition to the traditional cable connections. I mention that because initially I had it set-up with a cable box without an HDMI port. The Sony installer was great and suggested that I switch the cable box in order to utilize the HDMI port and take full advantage of the TV's 3D capacity. I switched out the cable box a few days later, and what was initially great sound, especially through the surround sound system, it's now all messed up. Can't get any sound with HDMI cable and now very little sound with the original cable.
Help Please... I sure do appreciate it, and am looking forward to sharing and conversing...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Shot in the dark, cause not much to go on...
Assuming you are using the TV as the hub. Which means you have an optical cable going to the Dream System(I had to Google it, comes up as a DAV-S500).
Not knowing the intricacies of Sony TV...
When you set-up the TV is there a choice of fixed or variable audio out? (we need to know...)
This cable box, in its "audio set-up" does it have any form of Dynamic Range control or does it have settings such as TV/sound system?
I'm basically asking if set-up has been done correctly...or if it has accidentally been changed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks