What's new

New TV for Grandparents (1 Viewer)

Buckethead78

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Well, my grandparents old huge console TV finally but it after about 20 years. So, I think that's a very good early christmas gift to get them.

Seems easy enough, right?

Grandparents don't want or will use any on screen guides, and simply want to click through the channels looking for something like cops or college football to nap through.

So, I'd like to keep it simple and just connect their basic cable to the TV. Everything I looked at at wally mart this afternoon had HDMI and component video only. Do any TVs still come with just the cable link and their own tuner?

Any suggestions for models?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
???? I've never seen (or even heard of) a TV that had only component and HDMI. Haven't been checking out the TVs at WalMart lately, but I did spot check a couple of the 32" models they carry (on the manufacturer's websites) and all of them clearly show s-video, F-connector and composite video connections in addition to the HDMI and component ones. Many TVs have a couple of input "clusters" Are you sure you looked everywhere?

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks