New Truck -- New Radio!!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Rob_Pierce, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

After driving a 1990 Nissan Sentra for the past 10 years, I just bought a new (to me) 1998 Toyota Tacoma and can't wait to get XM Satellite Radio. After reading many threads, I realize that there is a heated debate between XM and Sirius, but I won't get into that.

Can anyone offer any advice on the Pioneer DEH-P3370XM. This is the model that comes with the CD player and tuner in one package, both units have the same model number. I believe that it is 2 years old or so. As far as I can tell, I will only need to purchase the antenna and get it installed. Is this correct?

Basically, I am looking for the cheapest option to have both a CD player and satellite radio permanently installed in my truck. I will not be using this with my home theater, only in the truck. I'm all about getting this service, but it seems very tough to get a straight answer about exactly what I need to buy and how much it will cost.

By the way, Ron, I am very interested in your offer about ditching you XM stuff.

Thanks in advance.