New to Sirius

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by RonGecan, Jan 5, 2004.

1. RonGecan

RonGecan Agent

Hi Everyone,

First off, want to thank Ron for his review of XM and Sirius as well as everyone else who posted comments. I have been trying to decide for a while which service to go with. Thought the extra $3 for no commercials for Sirius was tempting -- decided to seal the deal after hearing of Sirius' arrangement with the NFL.

The wife got me the home/car pack for Christmas. One thing I can say I don't like is how large the receiver/cradle is. I don't think my Saab is well suited for convenient mounting -- the only place that struck me was atop the dashboard, which seems that it could pose line of sight problems. Probably will put in a new head unit.

ANYHOW, went ahead and installed the home kit. Reception is not good in the house -- not Sirius' fault, need North/West windows, we've got, you've guessed it, South/East exposure. Add in some overhangs on the building, and I get intermittent signal if any at all.

I think I'll mount the antenna outside -- Sirius says it's built to stand the weather. Anyone with any experience in this? I'm sure if it fails after a while it's only a twenty (?) dollar purchase for a new antenna, but am wondering just how weather resistant these really are.

Thanks for the help!

Ron.

2. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Ron-

I have mine of course, on my car. Here in Kansas City we had an ice storm over the weekend, with ice on my car at least 3/4" thick in most spots, some places thicker. I bothered to scrape off the windows, but didn't think about getting up on the top of my car to scrape off or De-ice my Sirius antenna. I had no reception problems at all, perfect signal [​IMG]

3. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Ron,

Welcome to Satellite Radio. You should be
    very happy.

Do me a favor, just out of curiosity.....

Over the next few days list the Sirius channels
    you listen to and let me know if you notice a
    lot of repetition on those channels.

Thanks