What's new

New Timeless Media & Millcreek Releases (1 Viewer)

Brian:C

Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Bob! I've updated the pages to reflect your additions. I put the site online just to help other collectors as it can get confusing knowing what is in your personal collection and what you need. I started the site after double dipping on several episodes. No fancy graphics, just the facts.

Brian

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Just a quick note here in the Timeless thread; I picked up "The Lawless Years: Complete First Season" yesterday at Half Price Books for $7.98. (The stores occasionally get a sprinkle of TMG titles. I'd previously found "Hey Mulligan" and "The Goldbergs" for $5.98....not quite as good a deal.) If you have a store near you check it out.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thanks very much for this info, Bob.

It appears that these are the only episodes in circulation. Alpha lists an episode entitled, "Paris" but I believe this is the same as Sophia.

The Timeless set has some issues. The pq is severely pixilated to the point of blocking and movement is jerky on all episodes. It looks as though one was watching it on YouTube or VCD. I'm not that big a stickler on pq - especially on titles this rare - only until it affects the viewing experience.

Quite a shame too in that I really like the premise of the series and the performers.

Stunt Coordinator
Amazon and others are now showing Timeless Media "The Deputy" with a release date of October 14. SRP is $34.95 which is $5 more than usual. Hopefully that increase means more episodes or better source material.

Also listings are popping up for a new Red Skelton Holiday Collection.

Brian

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

See Kruzer31's post #132 in the following thread:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...eleases-5.html

If his information is accurate (and I assume it is as Gary OS confirmed in the post immediately following), a MSRP of $35 for just 12 half hour episodes is excessive. While I appreciate the effort that Timeless must have undertaken to secure these episodes, I think a retail selling price of under $20 would be appropriate given the number of episodes.

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Villafana

I would agree, my previous post was under the mistaken assumption that it was an entire season for 23.99.

Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Bob, I didn't remember seeing it but at least it's a confirmation that the release date is holding for now. Timeless has taken away the coming soon ad for MSquad so maybe there will be good news on the missing episodes.

As for "The Deputy" $24 retail for 12 30min episodes is indeed a bit much. I try never to pay more than a dollar per episode. If timeless got ahold of pristine 35mm masters and did an excellent transfer I could see maybe shelling out the collection. It doesn't have mass appeal but then again Infinity released the complete Jim Bowie 78 Episode collection for only $69 and timeless was going to release 100 M Squads for $99. Each equal out to about $1.

Speaking of Jim Bowie, The following set are now at a huge discount at DD.
Jim Bowie Complete Series $25.79
Suspense Collection 1 13.79
Suspense Collection 2 13.79
Dangerous Assignment Complete Series 19.79

I own each and recommend them all,
Brian

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Looks like the mega "M Squad" set has been taken down off Timeless's website. It is not readily seen anywhere on the DVD/Video page for the site, whereas just a few days ago it was on prominent display. I'm guessing they've had to move back the release date due, hopefully, to them finding more of the episodes. Now, this doesn't mean you can't still see the page it's on by physically typing in the correct web address. It's still there. All I'm saying is that it's no longer on the main Video page or any of the other "main" pages so there is no link to it. You'd have to type in the link manually to still get to the page.

Gary "I definitely had this set on my radar, so I hope it's still coming this fall" O.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

How long did this series Last? I'll probably check it out but I hate "Best of" Releases.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Two years; 1959-61 and 76 episodes. With the exception of two episodes thought to be in the public domain that have shown up on various TV Westerns compilations ("Hard Decision" and "The Return of Widow Brown"), it's a fairly rare series to see. I doubt that we'll ever see full season releases of this series.

Stunt Coordinator
When I posted above about the Deputy having a SRP of $34.95 I was surprised since they did confirm only the 12 episodes. Well timeless now seem to have raised all their prices! Everything is now $5 more on all retailer sites I've checked. That makes some of these shows $70 (two 12 or 15 episodes sets) for a little over a half season from 16mm prints! I'll be waiting for heavy discounts on there releases as the prices are getting out of hand. I might pay that price for restored 35mm prints but not for what they are turning out.

Brian

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

DVDPacific.com is a good source for Timeless releases and, typically, has the lowest prices (except when DeepDiscount has their 20% off sale). I just pre-ordered both "William Tell" and "The Adventures of Sir Lancelot" for a little over $10 each (plus shipping).

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I got the essential Family TV DVD. Wow what a lot of programmes. I was disappointed that all the Hiram episodes were ones I already had. However I was pleased to have the Mr. Ed episode and another Jeff's Collie episode that I hadn't got. How I wish that they could release season sets of all these shows. As usual the Lucy Show episodes were not the Vivian Vance ones from the early years but there was an episode with her in it. It seems strange that they can release an episode with her in technicolour but the monochrome ones seem to not be available. How is that? Again some of the Lucy prints are quite good - others are less so. The Liberace Show is interesting. Does anyone know how many episodes of that show are currently available on DVD. Again why no proper season sets - you would have thought that Liberace was popular enough to merit his series being released completely. The Phil Silvers show is also very interesting.
It is interesting to note that it would not be possible to release a set of DVDs with British shows on them from this period - partly because so few exist. And also because it would be so expensive to release the ones that do!

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Mill Creek has posted art work and details for the "Best of Johnny Carson & Friends" to be released on October 14th.

Mill Creek Details Page

Here are the episode details:

Disc 1
The Johnny Carson Show: Dillinger The Mental Wizard
The Johnny Carson Show: Ed Sullivan Impersonation
The Johnny Carson Show: Evolution of Dance
The Johnny Carson Show: Goldilocks and the Three Bears
The Johnny Carson Show: Life in the 80's
The Johnny Carson Show: James Arness
The Johnny Carson Show: Jack Albertson
The Johnny Carson Show: Dimitri Tomlin
The Johnny Carson Show: Stay-at-Home Husband
The Johnny Carson Show: Eva Gabor
The Johnny Carson Show: Dorothy Shay
Carson's Cellar
The Johnny Carson Morning Show

Disc2
Who Do You Trust?: Johnny Carson
Who Do You Trust?: Johnny Carson, Ed McMahon
The Jack Benny Program: Johnny Carson
Bobby Darin & Friends: Joanie Summers, Bob Hope
Frank Sinatra Timex Special: Dean Martin, Bing Crosby
Timex All Star Comedy Show: Hosted by Johnny Carson
Caesar's Hour: Carl Reiner, Howard Morris
Caesar's Hour: Pat Carrol, Janet Blair

Disc 3
Colgate Comedy Hour: Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis, Jack Benny
Colgate Comedy Hour: Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis, Burt Lancaster
The Martha Raye Show: Edward G. Robinson, Cesar Romero
Shower of Stars: Jack Benny, Liberace, Jayne Mansfield
Shower of Stars: Jack Benny, Nanette Fabray, Johnny Ray
Shower of Stars: Tony Martin, Vivian Vance, William Frawley
Stars in the Eye: Jack Benny, Lucille Ball

Disc 4
The Milton Berle Show: Danny Thomas
The Milton Berle Show: Frank Sinatra
The Milton Berle Show: Gertrude Berg, Andrew Sisters
The Milton Berle Show: Jackie Cooper, Vic Damone
The Milton Berle Show: Peter Lawford, Carol Channing
The Milton Berle Show: Ronald Reagan, Dolores Grey
The Milton Berle Show: Zsa Zsa Gabor

Obviously, there's a lot that is NOT Johnny Carson on this set, but it looks to be a great variety show package.

Stunt Coordinator
Three New Timless (2dvd) Releases For October 26, 2008:

Buffalo Bill Jr. (10 Episodes)
Cowboy G-Men (10 Episodes)
Rocky Jones Space Ranger (12 Episodes?)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Brian, is Timeless reviving their "Timeless Television" budget line? It's no longer listed at their web site, but the format was 2-DVD, 10-episode releases like these with a MSRP of $9.99 and you could often pick these up for $5.99 at Amazon and the like. Most of the "Rocky Jones" releases are the compilation "movies" but I prefer the individual half-hour episodes.

Stunt Coordinator
I received my Spies And Lies and Essential Family Tv sets from Millcreek this week.

Spies and Lies: Collection of 50 episodes. I'd call it 41 usable episodes. The 9 "Passport To Danger" episodes are at a far to low framerate to watch. I'd suggest purchasing them on another collection. All others are on an perfectly acceptable PD grade of video quality. In the range of 4.5 - 7.

Essential Family Television: Collection of 150 episodes. Video Quality would be impossible to list at the moment as there are far to many to check but I did do a quick spot check of the rare episodes and the picture quality range is in the 5 - 8. I've watched a few so far and many include the original commercials!. The Mickey Rooney Show is on par (PQ:7-8) with Timeless's release of the same show. There are a number of rarities on this set so I highly recommend it.

Brian

PQ Rating Examples:
Brenner: 7.5
Red Skelton In Color: 9.0
Golden Age Theater Vol. 1: 3.0 - 4.0
Burke's Law Set 1: 8.5

PQ ratings based on smaller label releases. A 10 would not equal the tranfer quality of say "Mission Impossible."

Stunt Coordinator

If you look at amazon's listing for them they have the artwork up. Which looks quite good by the way. No "Timeless Television" logo. Instead the top has TMG. Amazon is pricing them at 7.98 right now. No info on Rocky Jones so it could be just 12 episodes worth of material edited together.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks