What's new

New System (1 Viewer)

Audio14

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
Hey ladies and gents, I finally have my first authentic system even tho haven't set it up yet (very recent operation on knee) so upset. Itll be used mainly for stereo and I know it's a 7.2 receiver. But I'll add on more speakers and components. Marantz SR7007, ML Motion 40sAQ Carbon HDMI main cable, Panamax M5300, AQ Rocket 33, AQ Sub-1 subwoofer cable for near future sub. AQ power cable for the receiver. All these, will be in a studio apartment where the sitting will be more so directly, I'll probably have to adjust things when setting these up. Debating between OPPO or Marantz BD, recommendation? What do you guys think of this little system? Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013[(2 Disc)], BD, was recommended as a start off. I'm can listen to almost any type of genre except for heavy metal (sorry, I just can't hear what they say). Any other suggestions for non-video awesome music disk or even concert like BDs like the Clapton? Let me decide on the music. Thanks much in advance Sorry for the essay.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If your source to AVR is over digital, it won't make any difference which BD player you go with. If you choose analog, Oppo.Jeff Beck live at Ronnie Scott's (something like that)

Audio14

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
I plan on running perhaps most likely another AQ Carbon HDMI for the BD. Will that matter? I was debating of getting a CD player and a BD but because the above mentioned BD among others are universal, I decided to do a BD instead

Audio14

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
Because I am able to discern the difference of clarity between cheap and well designed cables, audio especially is very detailed when using better cables..

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've owned Marantz players and many Oppos. Currently have just one player in the main sysetm and it is an Oppo and it replaced my previous Oppo. They sound great.

"Well designed" is laughable when it comes to cables. They aren't rocket science. The only thing AQ designed into their cables is marketing. I've used a lot of nice cables over the years including AQ (still have some in my system currently) and have come to the conclusion that they have only a very small influence on the sound; certainly not enough to justify the expense. Proper speaker placement has a MUCH larger impact than any interconnect will ever have. I've switched exclusively to Bluejeans cables for both digtal and analog. They're better constructed than AQ and sound just as good (but certainly aren't as pretty though that is completely irrelevant in terms of performance) at a fraction of the cost in addition to excellent customer service.

FYI, it has been proven DOZENS of times that a $10 HDMI cable that meets proper specs transmits exactly the same image quality as an expensive one and audio via is even less sensitive, so you are literally wasting money on high dollar HDMI. Unless your runs are over about 25ft, you won't see or hear a difference with an expensive cable IMO.

Expensive power cables? Ultimate snake oil. That last 3 feet of wire makes no more difference to your power than the last 100 miles of wire that brought it to your house.

TRUST ME, spend the money somewhere where it has an actual impact: speakers and room treatments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks