What's new

New System Advice (1 Viewer)

Mark Bee

Grip
I am currently planning on acquiring a complete new system to listen to home movies and good music. A few things have changed from the eqipment we used 20 yrs. ago when I was in college swing choir (Carver amps, 4'Klipschhorns,and etc.). Our director was a complete audiophile and we always had the best equipment.

Anyway, I am looking at the NAD T763AVreceiver, either the 5 disc NAD T572 or single T562 DVD/CD player, and the SVS PB2-plus subwoofer. My parents have an old NAD receiver that still sounds awesome. My question is what type of center and front and rear speakers? I don't want something that is physically overbearing for the room (like my old Boston accoustics 100's), frankly the bose high end is perfect speaker size but not perfect speaker sound (I remember the highs of the Klipschhorns). Someone suggested Triad inwall speakers but they are very expensive and someday we will be transferred forcing me to leave them. Also want flexibility to move system in room.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to HTF, Mark. I've moved your post to A/V Sources since, among other things, you're asking for specific recommendations about a DVD player. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level (home-theater concepts and definitions and, well, basics). For equipment model recommendations, please post in the appropriate hardware area. Good luck (and, yes, things have changed quite a bit, haven't they?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks