What's new

NEW Subwoofer help!!! (1 Viewer)

ChristopherW

Agent
I just got a new subwoofer, but I need some help setting it up.
It's a Stryke AV12 with 2 15" PRs and an AMP350

When I connect from my sub out on my receiver to the line in on the sub all I get is a hum throughout my system. It stays the same regardless of the volume or the source. Adjusting the subwoofer level on my receiver makes no difference. It seems to me like my sub is not receiving any information.

also I tried connceting it via the high level inputs with the same result. HUMMMMMMM.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
Make sure that you have told your receiver that you have a sub by selecting it in the setup menu.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Sounds like a possible ground loop hum. Try searching the forum for "ground loop hum" and you will get many hits with all of the possible remedies.
Good luck!

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I built the sub for Chris and it worked fine here in the shop. I also suggested he make sure that his pre/pro was setup to send the sub a signal.

Kyles suggestion is a good one too. A cheater plug might be in order.

ChristopherW

Agent
Well the hum is gone! I found out that it was caused by the CATV connection! Now I just gotta fool around to get some signal flowing to the sub.

Thanks for the help you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks