What's new

New stripped down "Let it Be" (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, I think you're pretty close to the truth. If memory serves me correctly, The Beatles originally intended The Long and Winding Road as a song to give to a big 'cabaret singer' of the day.

An idea for McCartney and Starr once they've finished releasing Anthology and LIB. The Beatles gave a way a large number of songs to other artists. A good boxed set collecting all these together would be really great. Not the cover versions, but just those Lennon-McCartney songs that were given to other artists and never recorded by The Fab Four themselves.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
The Beatles gave a way a large number of songs to other artists. A good boxed set collecting all these together would be really great. Not the cover versions, but just those Lennon-McCartney songs that were given to other artists and never recorded by The Fab Four themselves.
Great idea! I would love to have this. :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
...starting with Peter and Gordon's "World Without Love."

Though the band wrote "I Wanna Be Your Man" for that Manchester group and it went on to become their first chart-making disc, the Fabs recorded their own (and better) version of it.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Though the band wrote "I Wanna Be Your Man" for that Manchester group and it went on to become their first chart-making disc, the Fabs recorded their own (and better) version of it.
Who's the Manchester group? The Stones aren't from Manchester - are they? I think they're from the London area...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks