What's new

New Star Trek film boxset includes all 10 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Here's a news story I found on Trekweb regarding a new boxset of all 10 Star Trek films. The image of the boxset they show looks very cool. Some fodder for you to debate, not clear if it's a release for the UK only. Paramount, according to the article is pulling out all the stops to promote Nemesis and the box set. I've not seen any mention of it for an R1 release.

Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) has shifted the marketing campaign for the UK NEMESIS DVD and VHS release up a gear this week. NEMESIS is being released on August 11th and to mark the occasion PHE have organised an array of goodies to encourage the fans to go out and buy the tenth instalment in the STAR TREK movie series.

The marketing campaign kicked off with a specially designed HTML E-Mail to those registered with STAR TREK UK, the UK's official STAR TREK DVD and VHS website. The E-Mail included a promotional trailer movie (presumably a copy of the UK television advert) and touted a range of promotions for the launch. There are two special offers, £10 off any STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION DVD Boxset and again, £10 off STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE Season 4 Boxset. The release also has a dedicated web site which is running a competition to win a day riding the the Argo in Berkshire, England, as well as NEMESIS goodies for runners up.

On top of all of this comes somewhat of a surprise announcement of the launch of a new STAR TREK movie DVD box set featuring all ten feature films. The release, which doesn't feature in STAR TREK UK's schedule, follows the release of the DVD box set for movies I-IX last Christmas. The boxset includes special features, theatrical trailers and NEMESIS stills and is also released on August 11th.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I remebering reading a while back (I forget where) that this set will include the SE's of I-IV and regular versions of the rest, which probably means another box set in two years or so when the rest of the SE's come out.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I had forgeten about the remaining SE still to come for Treks 5 to 9. Looks like this is just the yearly Holiday box gift set packaging.

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Kaye
I remebering reading a while back (I forget where) that this set will include the SE's of I-IV and regular versions of the rest, which probably means another box set in two years or so when the rest of the SE's come out.
Oh, Paramount in the UK have been doing that with Trek for years. The first boxed set of the movies they did was I-V on VHS in widescreen back in 1990-ish, and they've been repackaging ever since (first on VHS, and now on DVD) every time another film comes out.

I've seen this particular one in my local MVC shop, and the contents are indeed as quoted above.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Here's a bigger version of the boxset artwork. I posted this about three weeks ago, you'd think a dedicated Star Trek site would be a bit more prompt ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks