What's new

new Spider-Man Deluxe Edition DVD out before Spider-Man 2 hits the screen (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I doubt there would be a new cut or extended edition as Sam Raimi had indicated there were no deleted scenes filmed. I could be wrong though.

I would double dip for the teaser trailer and Maguire commentary

:D

Alistair_M

Second Unit
I'll wait for the HD-DVD version before I upgrade this flick. The current dvd is ok (even if the supplements are pretty poor - too promotional for my tastes).

Galen_V

Second Unit
In all fairness to Columbia, they did do a good job of aknowledging that they would release a special edition of Black Hawk Down when they released the single disc edition of the movie. And, to their credit, they spaced out the timing on the releases and really made an excellent 3-disc set, arguably one of the best sets ever made. Now, I am not suggesting that Spiderman will get or deserves to get this type of treatment, but we should wait to see what exactly they have planned for panning this release.

Real Name
Anthony
For what it's worth, www.play.com is listing both a Spider-man Superbit (with DTS) AND a Deluxe edition for R2 UK, due on the 24th of May.

Which raises more questions than it answers . . .

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
The WTC trailer would be good to have, but I would also like to have the 2nd teaser (which was actually more like a full trailer) that was not on the first Spider-Man disc. I like it a lot more than the "full" trailer (which was actually more like a teaser). I was really disappointed that wasn't on the initial DVD.

Does anyone know what discs, if any it is on?

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Columbia Tristar's UK trade website is now listing a three-disc DE and a Superbit version for release on May 24th.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Its only fair that spidey gets a 3 disc set.. its the biggest hit for sony. They have alot of stuff if its a 3 disc set.

maybe they commentary on disc and DTS on the other? amongs other things.

JACOB

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"If it ain't a Superbit with DTS, then I'm not double-dipping"

I would for a superbit as well

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez

Well, I bet most of the credit for that belongs not to Columbia, but to Charlie DeLauzirika. It is only fair to acknowledge that it is Columbia's money, sure, but we all know how passionate and perfectionist DeLauzirika can be.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm in the same boat as these 2 guys. Release a Superbit(Superbit Deluxe) with DTS and I'll buy it. Don't and I won't.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
For me, I'd actually like some GOOD extras. I remember before the DVD came out, Sam Raimi said at one point that he was so happy that he had a cameraman on the set during production just for DVD stuff. However, just before the DVD came out, he said a lot of the stuff they got for extras didn't make the DVD because it didn't "match the tone" or something like that of the extras that actually made the disc.

MORE EXTRAS! 3 DISCS! DTS! LET'S DO IT! SPIDER-MAN! SPIDER-MAN!

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I agree the extras are quite poor and generally fluff on the current version.

The only way I ever re-buy Spider-Man is for a Superbit release.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

I just watched this on my PC (I downloaded the trailer when it first came out) and I have to say that it is one of the best trailers EVER, bar none!:emoji_thumbsup:

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I believe the UK's getting both a Superbit and a 3-disc Deluxe Edition, so it's probably not a Superbit.

Roger J

Stunt Coordinator
There is already a Superbit edition of Spider-Man released in Korea. Although Korea is R3, Superbits released there are supposed to be R0. I'll find out soon enough. I ordered this disc on sale from koreandvds.com for a the whopping price of $13US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks