Second Unit
Found this on R2 dvd...
MAKING OF INDIANA JONES TRILOGY - PART 1: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK" 50m 47s
"MAKING OF THE INDIANA JONES TRILOGY - PART 2 - TEMPLE OF DOOM " 41m 6s
"MAKING OF THE INDIANA JONES TRILOGY - PART 3 - LAST CRUSADE" 35m 0s

"The Stunts Of Indiana Jones" 10m 52s
"The Light And Magic Of Indiana Jones" 12m 22s
"The Music Of Indiana Jones" 12m 24s
Looks like we might get some decent extras after all..Not just fluff!
Now we only need those deleted scenes!

CraigL

Screenwriter
Looks like some complainers will be needing to eat their words.
Not sure what you mean but these extras are still BS.

The original Making of docs are not included and they've been released on the other formats. They're ALL very good and something I'd like to have preserved.

And MAYBE 3 hours of extra material for these movies that should have been out FOREVER ago isn't much. Think about it.

The movies are the real treat here and that's about it. The extras are VERY disappointing.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I wish you had the option to buy the films seperately. I still would buy the trilogy, but I resent not having the choice. There's no way I would have bought the Godfather 3 if I didn't have to.

I don't understand why Spielberg doesn't do audio commentaries, but it is a real shame. He's an intellegent, articulate filmmaker who has the gift of being able to talk about his craft in layman's terms - which is certainly part of the reason that even people who don't know who any other filmmakers are can name him, and that's exactly why he should be doing audio commentaries. Additionally, the list of Indy cast and crew read as a who's who of some of the greatest of the past 25 (or more) years. Two hours of making of stuff for the trilogy is cool and all, but I'd like more than just talking heads. I'd really love them to do an audio commentary like Kevin Smith does, where members of the cast and crew sit around all together and talk about their experiences on the films.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
well Josh the reason that Spielberg does not do any commentaries, is that he does not want the audience being distracted from enjoying the movie.

so far none of his movies have any audio commentaries

Why would one be distracted from the movie if they've already seen it and they're watching it...for the commentary? That's rather bad logic, because if they didn't want to know more abou the movie, they wouldn't listen to the commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks