What's new

New Sigur Ros (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I got it this morning at Target for $7.99. I've only listened to the first 3 tracks so far, and like it a lot. It's more upbeat.

~T

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
All I can say is that I have no idea what the hell they're saying. :) I can't remember what it's called, but I got some 2CD set as my first Sigur Ros. Really liked it. Anybody care to comment if I'll like the new CD?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Dome, I think you have Hvarf/Heim? One CD contains live recordings and the other CD contains unreleased tracks.

If you really liked it, I'm sure you'll really like the new album. I finished listening to it on the drive home, and as always, just beautiful stuff. You should check out their other albums, too.

~T

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Their MySpace page only contains two tracks.

I listented to it all the way through on my drive to work this morning. I love it!!! The first few songs are more upbeat, but then it does start to slow down and sound more epic.

Track 7 is absolutely incredible!!!

By the way, Flood helped produce this time.

~T

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
The page automatically plays the first two tracks on the top right, but that's not where the stream of the whole album is. Under the "Sigur Ros general info" part of the page (on the left side, down from the top a little), there is a button to push for streaming the whole album. You can also choose to play each track by using the rewind and forward buttons.

I found this pretty amusing:
NPR: Sigur Ros vs. My Spell Checker

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Dome, the final song on the album is their first one with English lyrics, so you'll be able to understand what they are saying ... for the most part.

~T

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I picked up a few of their CDs off of Yourmusic.com and after listening, they are indeed...interesting. I guess I'm still digesting them right now, but I just couldn't listen to it for too long. It kinda sounded somber to me but perhaps I was in the wrong mood (I was at work).

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Their music can be somber; at the same time, it could be hopeful and uplifting.

I think your mood does have an effect on how you view their music. If I'm listening to them late at night, I tend to fall asleep quite easily.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

~T

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Funny you say that, I was thinking it'd be great to fall asleep to (in a good way)! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks