What's new

New Series On TV- What Shows Would You Want On DVD? And Any Rumors? (1 Viewer)

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
What shows that are new to this season would you want to see come out on DVD soon and are there any rumors in the works? Can we contact the labels and give them our lists?

My votes are:

The War At Home
How I Met Your Mother

Whats yours?

Chad

Christi P

Agent
Threshold - they just canceled it, but I hope the produced episodes will be released. Anyone know if this is likely?

I might pick up Invasion and Surface as blind buys - it depends on the year-end reviews.

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
I know Commander In Chief just SCREAMS a future DVD release. I really hope War At Home does but I'm not sure how well it is doing.

Chad

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Where do you find out which new shows get canceled? I am always wondering what has been canceled and what hasn't.
Anybody know if Reunion or Close to home has been? I'd like to get Reunion on dvd.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Though there are several new shows I'm watching this season that I'd get at some point, there are only a few that I REALLY want.

Commander In Chief
Prison Break

And because I've heard so many good things about it:

The Closer

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Close to Home has been extended to a full season. It's done well in the Friday night slot, but Threshold tanked in its first Tuesday outing. Pity, it's my favorite show of the new season, and the show I'd most like to see released on DVD. Heck, the CBS site already has some of the extras done - behind the scenes video, interviews with the stars, etc.

Supernatural is another kick-butt new series that I think would do well on DVD. I could definitely see extras for each episode showing the urban legend roots of each episode. Or a Supernatural's Guide to Googling. Music licensing would be a bear, though.

I think Prison Break is a natural for DVD, and I'd be shocked if Fox didn't take advantage of its unexpected hit by releasing it next summer.

TheFutonCritic.com is a good source for news on what's been cancelled and what's been given a full season order.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I'd be shocked if they didn't release it on DVD before the show starts again in May or June. That way they'll sell a 'Volume One' and a 'Volume Two', nearly doubling their money and attract some new viewers to the new episodes as well.

John*D

Second Unit
Supernatural - Definitely
PRISON BREAK
Related
Night Stalker - possibly to see any unaired episodes since it was cancelled
Invasion
SURFACE

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
This is not just a list of new shows, but everything that's on the networks right now:

Surface: which gets better each week.
Reunion: ditto
the OC
Lost
Desperate Housewives
Extras

That's about all I would actually buy. I might be sold on Prison Break, although I've never actually watched it yet.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Actually Prison Break is coming back in March so I would expect the dvds this summer or right before it starts again in the fall like they do 24. That is definitely one I would like to have to watch from the start again without having to take the breaks each week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks