What's new

New Reply to Watched Thread -- ? (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
This is just an intermittent thing that happens, nothing urgent. It's just annoying when it happens.

I'm getting an email notification of a new reply in some thread I haven't seen in years. It just happens that I don't ever want notifications of new replies or anything else (except for private messages - "conversations" in current parlance). I don't relate to the forum that way. I come in and pick and choose what to browse and respond to a few times per day. I've never "watched" a thread with the intention of being "notified" of activity in it. Perhaps I'm unusual in that sense, but as far as I can determine, my preferences are set to not receive these. If Dave or someone wishes to take a look and confirm or correct that, that's fine with me.

Here's the odd thing about it: It's always in reference to some really ancient thread. This current notice is for one that hadn't had a response in three years, and the post is by a new member:
Subwoofer not working on my Pioneer Elite reciever VSX 27TX??

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks