New Releases for Home Cinema

Discussion in 'Streaming and Digital Media' started by Reddkryten, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Reddkryten

Reddkryten New User

Dean
    Hello,

I'm a newbie here who is slowly getting ready to build a home cinema, I've been reading a lot and planning how to build it.

A few people were talking about Prima system, which allows people to watch films which are currently in cinemas, for a rediculous price. I'm not interested in it, but it got me wondering if there are any alternative services out there and if it would be possible to show new films.

Then I stumbled across Curzon Home Cinema, which has a small selection of new releases available for streaming for the same price as a normal cinema ticket.

I was just wondering, are there any other services that are like the Curzon?

I'm not going to avoid the cinema and stay in all the time, but it is nice to know what tools are out there.

2. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Mark Cuban has a whole studio that produces films that go to home and cinema at the same time, there are tons of other experiments with this kinda stuff. Like Snowpiercer. Not sure about whole services tho.http://www.magpictures.com/

3. Reddkryten

Reddkryten New User

Dean
    Excellent, thank you for this. I didn't know Snowpiercer was released online at the same time. That film was really hard to find in cinema, so if I had known I probably would have just downloaded it.I doubt any full services exist yet and I honestly doubt they ever will, I just can't see Spider-Man 4 and Avengers 3 being downloadable. However I think small or obscure films like Lilting and Snowpiercer are perfect and soon I'll look forward to watching in my cinema.Thank you.

Sam Posten likes this.