What's new

New release Coming in October... Dusty! (1 Viewer)

alphanguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
Well, FINALLY.. the BBC has seen fit to release all 9 existing episodes of Dusty Springfield's 1966/67 BBC tv series. Some really awesome performances on this set, and it has some extras on the disc as well. Luckily, theyv'e also included the 2 episodes that were discovered in Jamaica just a few years ago, and were thought lost. From what I gather, this will be released in both Regions 2 and 1. I think the PAL version may be coming about 3 weeks ahead of the NTSC version. I'm "Wishin And Hopin" that these are complete, as I have not seen confirmation of the appearance of her guest stars on the show..but Amazon has little to no information posted on the set yet. Great release, and long awaited for all you lovers of 60's music! All in black and white, of course, except the extras are in color.
http://www.simonbell.com/DUSTYNEWS.html

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
That's great! Anyone know if this is going to be "VidFire" or "LiveFeed" processed to look like the original.

Real Name
Jim
There are several extended clips from Dusty's TV show on that You Tube site you linked to, although they are lesser quality (kinescopes) than this DVD release.

alphanguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
Yes, I know... that's why I'm so looking forward to this, so I'll get these things in a really WATCHABLE quality. I love it when a classic music series comes out, theyr'e kind of few and far between.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if they ever found the complete footage of Jimi Hendrix' appearance on the show- He and Dusty did "Mockingbird" together, and only a brief bit has been found to date.

alphanguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
So far... no, they haven't found the footage. the only part that exists is silent footage a fan shot off the TV screen with a super8 camera. and they did record the audio with a tape recorder. It's too bad we didn't have VCR's 20 years earlier! And if Dusty herself hadn't hated to see and hear herself, then SHE might have kept copies.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny

It's a process to make kinscopes/telecines look like video/live broadcast. It's been used on the "Doctor Who" releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks